How big is too big?

dpwspringer

This article about a recruit that signed with UCF says he was at 420 as a freshman in high school, that he played at 360 as a senior, and UCF wants him to play at 320.  That is a big kid, especially when he was a freshman in high school.  At some point you would think health issues would kick in for the kid and other kids playing on the field with them where you would question the wisdom in that... wouldn't you?

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/03/16/micah-snacks-anderson-signs-with-central-florida/

It sounds like this kid needed something to get him moving, and the physical activity has caused him to lose significant weight. If UCF can get him down to 320....that's a hundred pound loss. He's grown to be very tall, so he can carry 320 pretty well.

High school kids have to get a physical before they can play, so his DR had to think it was ok for him to play such a physically demanding sport. The fact that he has lost a lot of weight already makes me think that this kid will always need that kind of strenuous activity in his life. Some people do. It would've been much worse for his health to NOT play, IMHO. He would've probably kept packing on the pounds.

After his football days are over, I hope he goes to the gym every single day.

i knew of a guy who played at UWA, not long ago and when he was a freshman he was 6-10, 412lbs. He would later drop down to 370. He never became a star player for the tigers but he was a nice guy and did get his degree, which is more than I can say.

Wasn't Terrance Cody 400+ before he started playing for Bama?

Don't know about before he started playing at bammer, but he sure looked 400+ at the combine after his days at bammer.  I still can't eat pepperoni after that shot of him at the weigh-in.

Archived