Auburn v. State

That's why you don't sac bunt. 6 outs left and you just give one away...

The bunt wasn't the problem. Sending the runner on a shallow fly ball was the dumb call by AU.... :banghead:

Even if he doesn't go, you only have one shot at it. I mean, yea it could've worked and he'd look like a genius but I just don't believe in giving away outs. You gotta let 'em hit. Just my philosophy though.

We've still got three outs left though. They've pulled off way crazier comebacks :)

Just too many mistakes made by Auburn there to win an SEC baseball game.  Interested to see how we respond tomorrow.  It's good to have confidence in your starting pitcher tomorrow.

I hope Will Kendall is sharp tomorrow....and will the Error Gremlin please visit MSU instead. :rolleyes:

wow, once again coach P getting criticism for the season like bunting ect ect......it truly amazes me to no end the arm chair coaches out here who are quite oblivious to baseball. please post with intelligence other than emotion. Number one....coach P loads up with tough opponents before SEC play, no other coach does this, number 2, pitching is down nearly 2 full runs over last year...runs will be at a premium all year like last year due to the composite bat change, and if all you Joe Torre's out there dont realize, AU is incredibly fast, so bunting is not a bad option. One last but no least, AU is 5-3 in SEC play and won 2 out of 3 in their 1st two series again two very tough opponents. Not to mention 2 straight SEC visits to the SEC tourney..also a ranking after picking to come in last in the West...so those who like to nitpick over decisions, it seems like all these decisions seem to work alot more than they dont.....also read that it seems like midweek games, we are prepared for??  are u kidding me, we are 7-1 with the one loss coming on a grand slam again our closer....what part of unprepared am i missing?  Bottom line, use this venue to praise your team and recogonize the fight in them and their coaches..not to put things under a microscope, u have an amazing baseball mind that will bring AU and trip to Omaha....u can count on it!

I consider myself pretty baseball knowledgeable and Auburn bunts entirely too much.  Most every manager in MLB would agree with me.  Now I am happy that we're 5-3 and CJP has done a great job of managing the pitching staff, but the bunts are over the top.

Archived