Auburn v. State

Crap. Simpson hitting .364 and they call on him to bunt after Gonzalez opens with a double. SToooopid. Of course he strikes out after fouling off the bunt attempt.

Crap. Simpson hitting .364 and they call on him to bunt after Gonzalez opens with a double. SToooopid. Of course he strikes out after fouling off the bunt attempt.

I want so badly to agree with someone who hates bunting, but saying Creede is hitting .364 is misleading as he is really struggling at the plate as of late.  Of course you can make the argument that he needs to be swinging to get his confidence back.  But if someone has to bunt Creede is not a bad choice.

This Miss. State pitcher is so good that any way AU can get a guy on base is going to be a good thing. Creede's not a bad bunter usually, but Dan Glevenyak can't buy a bunt lately.

It looks like the guy behind the plate with his very narrow strike zone messed with Varnadore's head a little.

There's the Varnasaur we know and love.

It looks like everybody has settled down a little as the game has gone on. That first inning strike zone was brutal.

I think a rain delay needs to be called so we can get this MSU pitcher out of the game.  If we get to the bullpen I think we win, if he goes CG I doubt we'll score another run on them.

That kid is one really talented pitcher. He probably won't last long in college ball.

Don't understand the bunting....ending rallies before they even get started.  If the guys could bunt that would be one thing but success rate sounds like little league.

The bad call was the first one. The one Auburn's coach made to bunt with our best base stealer on first and best hitter at the plate. Try a hit and run or straight steal. Or let himt swing away.

Archived