Dontre Wilson

paurfunkel

If you run over his offer list he has about 20 offers and Auburn is not one of them. Auburn IS the only school on that list that he has interest in without an offer.... His film is incredible, I'd like to know why we haven't offered yet?!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Dontre-Wilson-117626;_ylt=AkdiT_2VYyi9V.ZT_nDKg3lGPZB4

He;s a bit too small for me.  I would rather see us stick with larger running backs like AU is known for.

He;s a bit too small for me.  I would rather see us stick with larger running backs like AU is known for.

Like Onterrio and Tre Mason?

Lets not forget Jovon. He's 6-1, 220. Even though we've had a lot of great small backs before, I love seeing our big backs run right through you and over you.

i didn't miss the point.  1st, i don't think one should put omac and tre in the same comparison, as they have two completely different running styles, and frankly they aren't built the same at all.  tre has the ability to make it in the middle, whereas omac relies (for the most part) solely on his speed and hitting corners.  that is just not a style of running that i am a big fan of.  he has had his part at AU, and has contributed greatly to the success of the team over the past couple of years (for which i am grateful), but i am just not a big fan.  sarcasm (if that's what you were going for) is usually best picked up when font colors are changed to yellow.  i think, though, it was less of a sarcastic comment, but rather a dig on the fact that there a couple of members of the current team that are "similar" to dontre.  heck for that matter, lionel "little train" james made a great impact for AU in years past.  just not a style i care for.  bottom line.  if we are going to lean more towards a run first, ground dominant game, i feel we need to bring on more of a bruiser type RB to fill those needs.  just my opinion.  sorry if i ruffled feathers.

:wareagle: :wareagle: :banghead: :banghead: :wareagle: :wareagle:

Another point to consider....Omac and Tre arrived to play in Gus's offense  ...whereas I think Lefty will be looking for a some larger kids who can run more downhill.  I would be surprised to see us bring in a back under 200 pounds for the next few years.   

We have some excellent RBs on the squad now...no doubt about it.... but in the future I think Jovon will be the "model" for AU running backs.

Archived