AU vs. State Game 3

0-0 top 2. We've already made one error and had a runner picked off first base. Had to turn the radio feed off. This team is nothing but predictable when it comes to a severe lack of fundamentals.

Got two caught stealing in the top of the 2nd. I don't think either of those plays where the runners got on base were ruled as errors though. It's matching up to be a pitchers duel today in my opinion

MSU has some wicked batters. It's not like Auburn is facing a team with no talent at the plate. But 3rd base still seems to be the weak spot defensively.

This team is something else though with 2 outs. Glevenyak with a big hit in the bottom of the 5th to make it 7-2

It must be so frustrating for Auburn's opponents. That 3rd out just doesn't come easy.... :laugh:

This would be a big win today. Especially if LSU could sweep Arky. Would give us sole first place in SEC West

Let's add a few runs here

Of course if Slade has another 6 pitch inning, no reason to not put him back out there.  But I think Justin Bryant needs the most work out of anybody in the bullpen.  I'd like to see him in the 9th if we still have a 5 run lead.

well Justin Bryant hit the ball very well today but im still for Alvord at 3rd and Bryant or somebody else at DH

I agree.  I definitely think Alvord gets back in at 3rd.  I think it should be down to Bryant or Ortman at DH.  Ortman really sees lefties well and brings you more power so maybe he starts against most lefties and Bryant starts against most righties.  All things being equal I'd rather see Ortman so Bryant can focus on pitching.

Archived