Auburn vs bammer Game 3

Reality check for Auburn this weekend.  This is a perspective changing weekend.  I know I will be going from hoping to host a regional to just hoping to make one.  Really disappointing our worst weekend so far this year came against Alabama.  Baseball is rapidly changing.  Its amazing how much lower we feel than we did a week ago.  But as things can turn in the wrong direction so quickly, things can turn back in the right direction again quickly.  Vandy and South Carolina are both going to be challenges, but winning these next 2 series (although it would surprise me would go a long way in turning things around).

For some reason Auburn seems off this weekend. I suspect part of it is mental because this series was against bammer. This is not the same bammer team Auburn saw in Montgomery, and Auburn seems surprised by that.

I realize in major league baseball even the worst team can take a series against a top team but I can't understand how a Bama team that regularly gave up 8 to 10+ runs per game can hold AU down to this extent.  

As suggested, perhaps the Tigers weren't prepared for this series .....and that would seem to include the coaches who must not have even scouted the bama players.  

So, can CJP get this team turned around and light a competitive fire under them for the next SEC series?.  

So, can CJP get this team turned around and light a competitive fire under them for the next SEC series?.  

I sure hope so. This seems to be a continuing trend under Pawlowski, and I don't like it. Obviously he has brought much better talent to the Plains, but you can't let the talent run the show. Also, I don't think Pawl has adjusted well to the bat changes. He was a gorilla ball coach when he got, and now he's trying to be a small ball coach.

What an awful week-end. Coach Paw better learn to win against the Turds. He needs to know what this series means to the Auburn FAMILY!!!!

It just seems we're in one of those slumps as a school where our rival is beating us in everything right now. We've had it working our way before and it's working for them right now. They've took both basketball games, the football game and 3 of 4 on the diamond.

Things need to change fast.

Archived