Well, did we lose again?

Auburn beat Samford 7-5 tonight.  Good win.  I think there is a good chance we rite the ship and string together some more wins.  I think losing to Alabama is not a reflection of this team.  We're better than that.  Let's move past that bad weekend.

:believe:

Agree kbtiger15 , it was just a bad weekend, so let us all move on....big things are going to happen in the upcoming year at AUBURN, weather it be baseball, football, swimming, horse riding (can't spell that other word  :laugh:), or any other sport.....it is all AUBURN!!

Auburn beat Samford 7-5 tonight.  Good win.  I think there is a good chance we rite the ship and string together some more wins.  I think losing to Alabama is not a reflection of this team.  We're better than that.  Let's move past that bad weekend.

Thank you!!!!! That's so true. :we:

Thank you!!!!! That's so true. :we:

So, in our past two conference weekends, we've been swept by the worst team in the league and lost two of three to the second worst team in the league.  I don't know about reflections, but that's two bad weekends in a row.

Disappointed to see the results the last two weeks but baseball is basically a 50:50 game.  The best teams win about 60% of the time and the worst teams about 40% of the time. Granted that's professional baseball stats but the SEC looks a lot that way with half the teams either 8-7 or 7-8 in the conference. 

Even #1 nationally ranked LSU has lost 7 games including a pair to AU.  SEC has three of the top 4 in the Collegiate Baseball poll...a tough conference at the top.

The little things have hurt AU all season...back to the fundamentals...base running, throwing strikes, getting the right pitcher-batter matchups at critical times, etc.  Dare I say coaching?

Disappointed to see the results the last two weeks but baseball is basically a 50:50 game.  The best teams win about 60% of the time and the worst teams about 40% of the time. Granted that's professional baseball stats but the SEC looks a lot that way with half the teams either 8-7 or 7-8 in the conference.   

Even #1 nationally ranked LSU has lost 7 games including a pair to AU.   SEC has three of the top 4 in the Collegiate Baseball poll...a tough conference at the top.

The little things have hurt AU all season...back to the fundamentals...base running, throwing strikes, getting the right pitcher-batter matchups at critical times, etc.  Dare I say coaching?

Yes its been coaching and has been for the last few seasons

I'm very disappointed in the coaching this season.  Too much bunting, caught stealings, pick-offs, and poor base running to win games in the SEC.  When you take the bat out of your hitter's hands and waste opportunities to score multiple runs in an inning in hopes of scoring one, there is a huge problem.  NUFF SAID!

Coaching...really...really....wow, coaches do not get picked off, coaches do not commit errors...its totally un-freaking beleivable that complaints are centered towards coaching. AU has the youngest team (or close to it) in the SEC picked to come in dead last in the West. This coach has lead you to 2 straight tournament bids not to mention hosting a regional.....ERA is down 2 freaking runs from last year and offensely we have to use small ball...dont have the hr power..plus a pre season schedule thats is grueling to get the kids ready for the rigors of the SEC...9-1 in non conference mid week games...Plus many quality wins against ranked teams...2 series wins over SEC opponents that were highly ranked.....Bama was a slip up but that happens all the time in college baseball...Decisions are left to coaches not to armchair baseball managers....support your team and coaching staff....you have one of the best recruiters who has ties all over the country...lets see how this unfolds...JP is just now getting his players in

I appreciate your support for JP but  this is not his first team and most of the guys have played a season or two at AU or in JC.  This is probably the second or third class of players that he has recruited and frankly he had his best results with the players he inherited. 

These guys have probably been playing baseball since they were 10 years old and should know the basics by now.  Errors I grant you are not necessarily coaching (but why are we  near the bottom of the league) but the base running problems and pitching match-ups are coaching decisions.   

Yep coaches don't make errors, etc.. etc. ..and coaches don't drop passes, or miss tackles, etc....but they are expected to teach the players the necessary fundamentals. 

I pull for AU, I root for AU and support AU...but I'm not blind and have been seeing the same type problems for the past several years.   

NR44 - couldn't agree more. Baird should have never allowed C.R. to be fired but before C.P. came in AU baseball was a train wreck. Yeah, the bammer series killed me but this team is doing a lot more than it probably should be. The errors and especially base running (mainly in UAT series with man on second base and one out in the eighth inning), give me a break. These guys have been playing baseball all their lives. I just hope the Updykes make it to SEC tournament so we can pick up where we left off in Montgomery. WDE!

Coaching...really...really....wow, coaches do not get picked off, coaches do not commit errors...its totally un-freaking beleivable that complaints are centered towards coaching. AU has the youngest team (or close to it) in the SEC picked to come in dead last in the West. This coach has lead you to 2 straight tournament bids not to mention hosting a regional.....ERA is down 2 freaking runs from last year and offensely we have to use small ball...dont have the hr power..plus a pre season schedule thats is grueling to get the kids ready for the rigors of the SEC...9-1 in non conference mid week games...Plus many quality wins against ranked teams...2 series wins over SEC opponents that were highly ranked.....Bama was a slip up but that happens all the time in college baseball...Decisions are left to coaches not to armchair baseball managers....support your team and coaching staff....you have one of the best recruiters who has ties all over the country...lets see how this unfolds...JP is just now getting his players in

Thank you!  :bow:

What about the fact that under him our defense has been at the bottom every season in the SEC? Is that not coaching? Or how about leaving starters in too long and losing leads? Is that not coaching? Of course the players have to step up and guys like Varnadore and Simpson have to play better but to act as if Coach P is immune it any blame is naive in my opinion. What he did in 2010 was awesome but he did it with Slater's players. I have yet to see any improvement in certain areas of Auburn baseball which is his responsibility like pitching and defense. Do I think Coach P can still get the job done? Of course so and I support him and the team 100% but all the criticism he has taken he has deserved and I hope for all our sake he turns this thing around soon.....

Archived