State Play-off fantasy

quietfan

I know there's no way to fit it into the calendar--not to mention the politics that will never let it happen, but wouldn't a "State of Alabama playoff" be interesting this year!

While an objective observer would have to admit that Auburn is the cream of the crop this year, I have to admit I'm glad we don't have to play UAB or Troy. And I'm building up my usual case of nerves regarding the Iron Bowl. Auburn should beat all of them, but "on any given day...", particularly with the home-state emotions in play??

Nevertheless, it would be interesting to have some sort of round-robin state tournament just to clarify how Bama, UAB, and Troy compare this year!

although talent is split between 4 teams troy and uab have to gamble to get it. they both take a lot of chances on players with low act scores hoping that they will qualify and be able to help them out. they also get alot of the overlooked players from big schools like hoover and vestavia.

If UAT will not play UAB in B-Ball, you know they are not going to play them in F-Ball.  UAT would be a no-show.

114284[/snapback]

Yeah, I know--that's why I mentioned "politics". [...although others have called it "cowardice".]

But still an interesting speculation...

How would every one else rank the state 1-A teams to date?

Archived