AU vs Jax State

After a sluggish start AU has rallied to pull within one run.  Four runs in the bottom of 7th...Jax leading 8-7.

One more at-bat.  NCAA is only an outside chance as it is....we sure can't afford to lose this one.

One more at-bat.  NCAA is only an outside chance as it is....we sure can't afford to lose this one.

IMO if we lose tonight then yes it is outside chance. But if we win then chances are not that bad.  If we win tonight and get 1 from UF and 1 in the SEC tourney then we have a good chance of getting in.

Not so sure: 

Baseball America has us out....and that was before tonight.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/college/2012/05/stock-report-week-13-3/

Southeastern Conference (9 bids)

SAFELY IN: Kentucky, Louisiana State, Florida, South Carolina, Arkansas, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Georgia

ON THE BUBBLE (IN): Vanderbilt

ON THE BUBBLE (OUT): Auburn

One change from last week: Vanderbilt enters our field of 64, giving the SEC a ninth bid.

The Commodores have won four of their last five series (including huge sets against Kentucky and at LSU) to climb above .500 for the first time all season (26-25). Vandy has positive momentum, a quality RPI (No. 38), a solid record in the best conference in college baseball (13-14) and a rigorous nonconference schedule, so if it finishes above .500 overall, we think it will get an at-large spot. Vandy has three games left—a home series against Ole MIss. If it wins that series, it will need only one win in the SEC tournament to guarantee a winning record. We are betting that's how it transpires

That lose stings but the reality is AU may still get in if they take 2 games from the Gators. I say this because NO SEC team that has won 14 conference games in the regular season has missed the CWS tournament since the field expanded to 64 teams. If AU takes 2 from the Gators they have 14 conference wins. Extremely hard? Yes. Impossible? No. Remember that Arkansas team we took 2 from last week. Well a week or 2 earlier they took 2 from Florida in Gainesville.

EDIT: I know Baseball America has us out but they are not necesarily Gods at this. 2 other companies, including Rivals had us in before the loss tonight.

We're not a postseason team, and we damn sure dont deserve a bid.

There are times we deserve it and times we don't. There are not many bobble teams that has our resume of beating quality teams. But there are not many bubble teams that have our horrible losses to bad teams either. We are the epitomy of a Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde team. The bottom line is if we were not the TURRIBLE TIGERS on defense we would not only be in the field but we would likely be a #1 seed in the NCAA tourney. We have not played good defense since Coach Baird retired and that is very frustrating.

Wow! Very disappointing.

The 2 projections I looked at before yesterday's game, Perfect Game and ESPN, both had us out. Losing to Jax St. sure isn't going to do much to improve that.

I think we HAVE to win this series against Florida and then avoid going 2 and out in the SEC Tourney to have any chance at the NCAA. The ability is there but it blows my mind how they continually shoot themselves in the foot.

Not that it makes anybody feel any better, but apparently the entire league had an off night last night:

We lost to Jax St.

Florida lost to Samford

Ole Miss lost to Ark. St.

Miss St. lost to C. Ark.

Kentucky lost to Murray St.

Tennessee lost to MTSU

We without a doubt...suck! :banghead:

You, without a doubt, are incredibly misinformed. This is a team that, for some reason, plays to the level of our competition most of the time. I mean look at it. We took the series against ole miss, lsu, Arkansas, and miss state. We were swept by bama and scarolina, and we swept Tennessee while losing the series to Vanderbilt and uga. We play bad against bad teams and good against good teams. If we can just treat every team as a world beater we might just could rattle off several wins against Florida and then the sec tourny and then hopefully the NCAA tourney.

edit: sorry for the brashness, just not a fan of baseless statements like this.

We without a doubt...suck! :banghead:

You, without a doubt, are an idiot. This is a team that, for some reason, plays to the level of our competition most of the time. I mean look at it. We took the series against ole miss, lsu, Arkansas, and miss state. We were swept by bama and scarolina, and we swept Tennessee while losing the series to Vanderbilt and uga. We play bad against bad teams and good against good teams. If we can just treat every team as a world beater we might just could rattle off several wins against Florida and then the sec tourny and then hopefully the NCAA tourny.

Not cool....

Archived