Evan Woodbery

TucsonTiger

Great article and hopefully everyone will read this and take their stand! This has gone on for way too long and its time for a change! Remember my AU family THEY NEED US, WE DONT NEED THEM!!!!! :wedance:

I haven't read any of the articles because I don't go to al.com and I don't like Woodberry as a journalist (not because of this, but because it's not his first rodeo with this crap), but it sounds to me as if either he's not doing his job and, as NTYF suggested, needs to be reassigned, or else he needs an editor who understands how to do his own job.

I haven't read any of the articles because I don't go to al.com and I don't like Woodberry as a journalist (not because of this, but because it's not his first rodeo with this crap), but it sounds to me as if either he's not doing his job and, as NTYF suggested, needs to be reassigned, or else he needs an editor who understands how to do his own job.

The only Auburn beat writer that was a UAT grad and did a good job covering us was Tim Gayle of the Montgomery Advertiser.

I haven't been to AL.com for years unless someone here tricks me into going there by inserting a link in their post. Once I see where I'm at I don't even bother reading I just back out.

I love this site so much that I don't bother going anywhere else. I get the BR email and occasionally read a story from there or one of their links to Op news, or even the dreaded espn on occasion. but not AL.com

AL.com = Giant bammer site. There is no reason to go there and read the bad reporting and read little kids attack each other everytime.

AL.com is a joke and has been for a while. It only stays afloat by stirring up crap between AU and Bama, and writing pieces that will knowingly incite a reaction from one fan base or the other. Very little real journalism is done over there. The beat writers for both teams write stories to get the most clicks possible and that is their ONLY agenda. I'm actually suprised the NTY foundation gave this guy the time of day.

AL.com is a joke and has been for a while. It only stays afloat by stirring up crap between AU and Bama, and writing pieces that will knowingly incite a reaction from one fan base or the other. Very little real journalism is done over there. The beat writers for both teams write stories to get the most clicks possible and that is their ONLY agenda. I'm actually suprised the NTY foundation gave this guy the time of day.

It's their "mission". :laugh:

• 1 month later...

APSE ‏@APSE_sportmedia

Auburn beat reporter Evan Woodbery of Mobile Press Register named Tennessee football beat reporter for Knoxville News Sentinel.

Retweeted by Bryan Matthews

Thank goodness!!!  We no longer have to put up with his negativity towards Auburn on a daily basis.  I still don't understand how the Auburn Media Relations Department allowed the Mobile Register to have him as the Auburn beat Writer.  Have fun Vol fans.  

APSE‏@APSE_sportmedia

Auburn beat reporter Evan Woodbery of Mobile Press Register named Tennessee football beat reporter for Knoxville News Sentinel.

Retweeted by Bryan Matthews

Matt Scalici‏@MattScalici

Big congrats to @auburnbeat for the new gig at the Knoxville News Sentinel. We will miss him at @aldotcom.

Thank goodness!!!  We no longer have to put up with his negativity towards Auburn on a daily basis.  I still don't understand how the Auburn Media Relations Department allowed the Mobile Register to have him as the Auburn beat Writer.  Have fun Vol fans.  

For real  :laugh:

APSE ‏@APSE_sportmedia

Haven't heard that.

Glad he got another job but seems he has been mostly on vacation this summer....only a few postings from him so perhaps this was a "mutual agreement" with al.com.  I expect the newspapers are seriously cutting staff and having two beat writers at AU was not justified. ...and Evan was the junior guy. 

He will do OK but UT folks better get used to the negative pieces from the beat writer who is supposed to be "their guy". 

Yeah, from one big rival of Bama's to another.  :laugh: Good riddance.

Tennessee will just love having a beat reporter reporting about the Tennessee football program with a bias towards what will harm Tennessee the most.  If Evan is going to do that crap to bama's rivals he should be required to post at the end of each blog/article that he is a bama grad and sign off with a huge Roll Tide Roll.

Glad he got another job but seems he has been mostly on vacation this summer....only a few postings from him so perhaps this was a "mutual agreement" with al.com.  I expect the newspapers are seriously cutting staff and having two beat writers at AU was not justified. ...and Evan was the junior guy.   

He will do OK but UT folks better get used to the negative pieces from the beat writer who is supposed to be "their guy". 

NYT get him axed?

Archived