Evan Woodbery

TucsonTiger

Andrew Bone to be named new Auburn beat writer.

Even with the sarcasm you lost a lot of friends with that comment.   :laugh:

:laugh:  I take it back!

UA friend of mine is complaining NYTF got him fired. Tried to tell him that 80% of his articles are negative towards us, and he says if it is true, he should write it. That is the problem, most of what he writes wasn't true, or not all of the facts. They would not put up with that. None of their beat writers are negative about anything they do, and they have plenty they could at least question. If we do something wrong, that should be reported. In that vein, disappointed in Deangelo Benton and his role in the fight/shooting. Will be interesting to see what kind of suspension he gets from CGC. Will be shocked if he doesn't get at least 3 games.

NtYF did not get Woodbery fired.  He took a job at a different paper.

With all of their cutbacks announced a few weeks ago, I was surprised that al.com kept two reporters covering each major college.  I imagine they will replace Woodbery with a second AU reporter.

NTYF did not get Woodbury fired.  He was not fired at all.  But, so what if the NTYF did get him fired.  He would have brought it on himself with all of his negativism towards the school he is supposed to be covering. 

"I imagine they will replace Woodbery with a second AU reporter."

Guess I would be surprised if they did that.  al.com going mostly to internet and seems already that they are having general sports coverage with several guys writing about all schools. 

I doubt anyone got EW fired....probably just an economic decision by the news papers.  JMO, but more likely, Charles will be the beat writer and we will be seeing AU related stories from Solomon and the guys who cover bama.  As it is, both guys often ended up covering the same stories too often...or were thrashing about covering issues like DWI's involving athletes or former athletes, etc....just to have something to publish.  I can't see how the papers can continue to afford that.

Thinking about this situation, I'm not sure Woodbury had anything against Auburn per se.  I think it may be more that he is a young, ambitious reporter trying to 'get a scoop' and make a name for himself rather than out of a strong allegiance to his alma mater and desire to bring down its biggest rival.  After all, he's not a native of Alabama; he's actually from some midwestern state (Ohio, I think?).

Either way, I don't expect the Tennessee fans will welcome him any more warmly than we did.

Guess I would be surprised if they did that.  al.com going mostly to internet and seems already that they are having general sports coverage with several guys writing about all schools. 

I doubt anyone got EW fired....probably just an economic decision by the news papers.  JMO, but more likely, Charles will be the beat writer and we will be seeing AU related stories from Solomon and the guys who cover bama.  As it is, both guys often ended up covering the same stories too often...or were thrashing about covering issues like DWI's involving athletes or former athletes, etc....just to have something to publish.  I can't see how the papers can continue to afford that.

The only argument in its favor is that they have two beat reporters covering UA -- the incredibly worshipful Don Kausler Jr. and Andrew Gribble (who was at the O-A News at one point).  We'll see how it all shakes down.

The only argument in its favor is that they have two beat reporters covering UA -- the incredibly worshipful Don Kausler Jr. and Andrew Gribble (who was at the O-A News at one point).  We'll see how it all shakes down.

If Woodberry isn't replaced, then it was obviously an economical decision.  But, that also leaves AU with one less writer than UAT, so how does that help AU in the long run?  :dunno:

If Woodberry isn't replaced, then it was obviously an economical decision.  But, that also leaves AU with one less writer than UAT, so how does that help AU in the long run?   :dunno:

Well for one, you wouldn't have Woodberry ratting out AU every chance he gets.

If Woodberry isn't replaced, then it was obviously an economical decision.  But, that also leaves AU with one less writer than UAT, so how does that help AU in the long run?   :dunno:

Very true.  At the same time, there was a thread on here a couple of weeks ago where someone was complaining about the "lack" of AU football information. 

They asked if Charles & Evan had taken the summer off and weren't writing about AU....  and they brought out that uat had what seemed like an article written daily about their football team.  When comparing media exposure, and complaining about how much more uat gets vs AU, I would think being short a reporter wouldn't help AU in the future.

Folks hated Evan's articles about AU, and rightly so - but at the same time, folks want more AU news & information at least equal to what uat receives in the papers.

Very true.  At the same time, there was a thread on here a couple of weeks ago where someone was complaining about the "lack" of AU football information. 

They asked if Charles & Evan had taken the summer off and weren't writing about AU....  and they brought out that uat had what seemed like an article written daily about their football team.  When comparing media exposure, and complaining about how much more uat gets vs AU, I would think being short a reporter wouldn't help AU in the future.

Folks hated Evan's articles about AU, and rightly so - but at the same time, folks want more AU news & information at least equal to what uat receives in the papers.

So is it unrealistic to ask for unbiased, equal coverage? As for me, I believe I'd be in the camp of less coverage>Bammerberry coverage.

I am fashionably late to this party. Just wanted to say good riddance to woodberry. He is UT fan's problem now.

<would put up my icon telling woodberry he is #1, but sure A E MODS would not like that>

Well here he goes.

Have fun Tennessee.

Evan Woodbery ‏@TennesseeBeat

RT @philkaplan: Two #vols swimmers suspended for gambling on pro sports and UT-Vandy basketball...

Well here he goes.

Have fun Tennessee.

RT @philkaplan: Two #vols swimmers suspended for gambling on pro sports and UT-Vandy basketball...

Evan Bammerberry is certainly making himself welcome in his new home.... :laugh:

Well here he goes.

Have fun Tennessee.

Evan Bammerberry is certainly making himself welcome in his new home.... :laugh:

I expected nothing less.

Well here he goes.

Have fun Tennessee.

I expected nothing less.

Evan lasted a long time at Auburn. I don't think he was like that in the beginning but changed about the time many bammers started acting like a hate based terrorist group... I guess he was just trying to do his part. He won't last as long at Tennessee doing that to them because of his history with us. He best decide whether it is more important to be a professional journalist or part of the bammer propaganda machine.

Archived