2014 4* PREP WR Kyrin Priester (Clemson signee)

Guest EagleDamnWar

Guest EagleDamnWar

2013 WR Kyrin Priester recently de-committed from UGA.  Priester is a 6'2" 180lb WR from Snellville, Georgia.  Has offers from Georgia, South Carolina, and TCU. 

He claims that Auburn and South Carolina are two schools "showing lots of love" and want him to take a visit.  His "boy" Ryan Green told him Auburn was "great" so he plans to visit AU.  He is also visiting South Carolina.  On 247, his coach believes he will commit to South Carolina on the visit. 

Invited to The Opening.

3 star on Rivals: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Kyrin-Priester-118088

4 star on ESPN (#161 overall)/247: http://247sports.com/Player/Kyrin-Priester-19995

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is a "free preview" of an article up on the Auburn Rivals page.

Kyrin Priester is committed to N.C. State, but after the coaching change in Raleigh, Priester is looking around. The Peach State product claims an AU offer would 'change things' and is planning a visit...

http://auburn.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1453156&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

I thought I saw a quote from him saying that he would love to play for this offense.

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of surprised we never heard more on Kyrin. I noticed Urban and OSU offered him yesterday.

At the very least De'Runnya and Pascal are higher on the coaches' board.

From AJC 1/17 Auburn still in the hunt with Clemson and Ohio State

Michael Carvell

One of UGA’s former commitments may be the state’s hottest prospect right now.

Kyrin Priester, a speedy wide receiver from Brookwood High School, has earned late scholarship offers from Clemson, Ohio State and Auburn within the last couple of weeks. Priester is officially committed to N.C. State but checking out his options after the coaching change.

The 6-foot-2, 185-pounder will take an official visit to Clemson this weekend and then go to Ohio State or Auburn the following week.

“All the interest from the colleges has been a little bit overwhelming,” Brookwood coach Mark Crews told the AJC. “Kyrin is a little bit confused, as any 18-year old would be in trying figure out all the options and the ramifications of those options. We’re just trying to help him make decisions that are best for him and his family.”

From AJC 1/17 Auburn still in the hunt with Clemson and Ohio State

Michael Carvell

One of UGA’s former commitments may be the state’s hottest prospect right now.

Kyrin Priester, a speedy wide receiver from Brookwood High School, has earned late scholarship offers from Clemson, Ohio State and Auburn within the last couple of weeks. Priester is officially committed to N.C. State but checking out his options after the coaching change.

The 6-foot-2, 185-pounder will take an official visit to Clemson this weekend and then go to Ohio State or Auburn the following week.

“All the interest from the colleges has been a little bit overwhelming,” Brookwood coach Mark Crews told the AJC. “Kyrin is a little bit confused, as any 18-year old would be in trying figure out all the options and the ramifications of those options. We’re just trying to help him make decisions that are best for him and his family.”

I think Carvell has it wrong as usual. Preister does not have an Auburn offer according to the AUC...and there are other receivers higher than him on the coaches' board.

Should've offered...

Disagree. I like Stevens and I agree with the coaches having De'Runnya Wilson as a higher target.

WR and QB are two positions under Gus that I feel are best left to his evaluation. For those positions, I could care less what star they are. I trust Gus can evaluate the talent that best fits his system. If he prefers 3* Wilson over 4* Priester, I'm sure he has his reasons.

Archived