97.3 in Bham

juscAUse

Some time ago this station started and I thought we finally had at least a neutral voice in the B'ham sports radio market. While I still enjoy Coach Max Howell, Scarbinsky and Rachel have been slamming the "there's a drinking and drug problem at AU" theme for 4 straight days now,to the point that you can't tell the difference between them and jox. Really,in this particular case,Barker has been much more professional and,even a little sympathetic,than the morning crew at the zone.

It is a sad situation when you would rather listen to Dunaway and crew on jox than an AU grad on the zone. Dunaway may be a Bammer homer,but he at least tries to be fair,and I think he's pretty knowledgeable about the SEC in particular and football in general. There's always classic rock,I guess.

juscAUse, I agree. I was excited when 97.3 started, and I listened to the afternoon show, Baribeau and Scarbo, as a welcome alternative to Finescum. I refuse to even turn on Jox in the afternoon. When I'm out, I do listen to the Roundtable with Dunaway. I agree that, even though he's an admitted UA fan, in my opinion he's about the most fair mediot there is. I haven't listened to The Zone in the last couple of days....been in the office and only listen in the car when I'm out. Hate to hear that the subject has turned toward the smut...I had hoped they'd be above that. Surprised that Coach Max would let that take center stage on the program.

Like you said...always Classic Rock. Maybe a good old fashioned Clempsun a$$ whuppin will shut them up.

Unfortunately this station keeps alluding to JOX's afternoon ('Bottom Dwellers') Mudrucking Show

making the jump to their station in the near future... so it may be all downhill for them anyway ?

In case you didn't notice, a thread listing good college football programming, a couple which focus exclusive on AU football, are listed. Check them out. BB started it and I expanded on it. Scroll down a bit for various links. One link unfortunately may activate when you open the page. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't, but at any rate you may open the link that interests you in another tab without problems and then close the AU radio thread.

http://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/113732-au-radio-programming-list/

DUMP JOX !

Archived