What changes would you make on defense?

lewisbr

I know when everyone read the title of this thread they got a little excited about some players that they want to see take the field this weekend. Sorry to disappoint. Just wanted to see who you guys would start on your defense this weekend. I know we aren't the coaches but just for fun... And maybe even say why you would choose that player

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before I answer, I trust the coaching staff 100% in doing the best.

Since you asked..here it goes. I don't want to give an explanation, because all the info is suspect. Haven't seen practice etc.

DLine - no change

LB - Ladarious Owens, Justin Garrett, Cassanova Mckinsey or Kris Frost (I am hoping for difference makers and high energy)

DB - Bates, Whitehead, Davis, White

(My wild imagination - Bates should play Safety and Owens should play LB)

I know when everyone read the title of this thread they got a little excited about some players that they want to see take the field this weekend. Sorry to disappoint. Just wanted to see who you guys would start on your defense this weekend. I know we aren't the coaches but just for fun... And maybe even say why you would choose that player

Without mentioning players names and violating the rules of the board, I would start with some changes at safety AND getting a true freshman in the rotation at MLB. A RS freshman OLB needs to see the field a lot more too.

Though I'm not a Mod, I see no problem talking about replacing starters. Doesn't mean that you think the current starter sucks, maybe you just think the guy on the bench is a stud :dunno:

We moslty played nickel against Clemson, so it was mostly Bates and Holland on the field. I think the 3rd LB spot will have a lot more rotation, and I think Frost pushes Evans for every little bit of playing time he can get. Because MSU is bigger but not as fast as Clemson, I think we could see more of our big young guys, like Cass McKinzy, in there in place of Bates a bit more often. I don't know what to think about the middle. We seem to have committed to Holland.

Without mentioning players names and violating the rules of the board, I would start with some changes at safety AND getting a true freshman in the rotation at MLB. A RS freshman OLB needs to see the field a lot more too.

I broke the board rules yesterday, I called out a specific player and questioned his ability to meet "SEC" standards at his position on defense. I want to appologize to all on this board - it won't happen again, at least not from me.

I do like your suggestion Mcdover!

I find quite comical that so many are "suggesting" changes AND often want freshmen in the game over experienced starters and NONE of you here have even seen a practice. That is just hilarious to me and I'm VERY glad none of you are coaches a Auburn.

I find quite comical that so many are "suggesting" changes AND often want freshmen in the game over experienced starters and NONE of you here have even seen a practice. That is just hilarious to me and I'm VERY glad none of you are coaches a Auburn.

I'm not calling for freshmen by any means, but the fact can't be denied that some of our experienced starters tackled like pee wee players last week, which leads most of us to the conclusion that changes need to be made. Hopefully, as you suggested, since we don't know what goes on in practice, these things will be corrected whether by the existing starters or the youngsters getting a chance.

This board is on the slippery slope of only sunshine pumping with no criticism whatsoever allowed, and isn't nearly as nice a place to be for those of us who migrated over from AE.

The only starter I would consider changing would be ********* at one of the safeties. I would give some players in the 2 deep some more playing time this week though. I would give ********* and ******** some serious playing time at LB. I think I would put ******** at Safety.

;D

The only starter I would consider changing would be ********* at one of the safeties. I would give some players in the 2 deep some more playing time this week though. I would give ********* and ******** some serious playing time at LB. I think I would put ******** at Safety.

;D

You and I both know that ********** would play better than **********. :nopityA: (Ha!)

Meanwhile, the rest of the country finds our defense comical...

;D

You and I both know that ********** would play better than **********. :nopityA: (Ha!)

LOL :rimshot:

In a BVG defense, its just not feasible to have a freshman MLB running the defense(especially when the newcomer didnt go thru spring drills).

With all of the responsibilies involving alignment and calls, it just is not going to happen.

I remember freshemen Takeo Spikes running 2nd team behind walk-on 202 pound Jason Miska for this very reason in 1995.

Defenses have to be more complex than that time period as well.

based on what many of us saw saturday night, what would you suggest?

Archived