What changes would you make on defense?

lewisbr

You're right. Maybe guys like Sammie Watkins, Jadeveon Clowney, and Marcus Lattimore should have not played because of their youth and inexperience when they were 18.

wow, a WR, a RB, and a DE. The first two play the two easiest positions for a tFR to play at, and DE, if you have the combination of size and speed, you can play early as well. LB, Safety, DT...yeah lets see how tFR play.

CJ Mosley, Anthony Johnson, Dee Milliner, and Darren Bates? Those are just off the top of my head.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we please stop bickering about who should start? The coaches have actually been at practice and are professionals at deciding if player A should play or if player B should play. The back-up is the back-up for a reason.

The coaches will put the best on the field.

What changes...?

Apologies for the simplicity

and for the Johnny-one-note aspect (especially for those of you that came over from AE), but

Tackle, dammit!

You're right. Maybe guys like Sammie Watkins, Jadeveon Clowney, and Marcus Lattimore should have not played because of their youth and inexperience when they were 18.

wow, a WR, a RB, and a DE. The first two play the two easiest positions for a tFR to play at, and DE, if you have the combination of size and speed, you can play early as well. LB, Safety, DT...yeah lets see how tFR play.

CJ Mosley, Anthony Johnson, Dee Milliner, and Darren Bates? Those are just off the top of my head.

CJ was very good, Dee got burnt repeatedly, and Darren couldn't cover.

How 'bout we start 18 year olds that have no experience?

Wait a Sec! That's what we did last year when everyone bitched and complained. Why, if last year, when youth and experience were determining factors to one of the worst defenses ever at AU, would you suggest doing it again? Geez, maybe we should have the drum major come in and play a few snaps.

How many calls have there been for true freshman to start on defense. The only one I can recall in this thread is Cass. Frost, Florence, Therezie were all on the team last year...confused by your post. Haven't heard anyone call for Jones, President, Nero, Davis, Hosley or Mitchell....Not sure many red shirt freshman or sophomores are 18, but i guess it could happen...

Agreed, but they were apparently the better options than their less talented upperclassmen teammates.

Let's say this EVERY position on defense would be suspect. If the 11 playing can't get the job done I bet there are some kids on the bench who are dying to play. Sometimes you have to shake the ole apple tree to come up with the best fruit. If I was D coach there would be a whole lot of shaking going on!!!!!

Agreed, but they were apparently the better options than their less talented upperclassmen teammates.

Exactly, so don't you think the coaches, who's jobs and reputations are on the line, are doing the same thing and playing the best option?

Exactly, so don't you think the coaches, who's jobs and reputations are on the line, are doing the same thing and playing the best option

If we just trust the coaches, what a boring internet it would be.

Exactly, so don't you think the coaches, who's jobs and reputations are on the line, are doing the same thing and playing the best option?

Yes, I do. I never said they weren't. I was only replying to your false statement about LBs, DTs, and Safetys not being able to play as frs.

Not necessarily. I seem to remember hearing alot about Greg Robinson being the best T on the team last year they redshirted him.

Eric Berry did pretty well

Archived