Midnight Madness

bnwde

If I'm where I can I certainly will go. I got something about getting season tickets yesterday. The prices were pretty reasonable so I think I will do so. I can't go to every game, but I can find someone who will.

I mean this with absolutely no disrespect. This is the most auburn thread I've read on this board today.

We just don't love a basketball like other people do, do we?!

Midnight madness is just a tradition that most basketball programs hold where they let the team practice for the first time in front of a crowd. It's The equivalent of A-Day. For instance, Kentucky sells out Rupp Arena for it. Fans camp out, etc.

I mean this with absolutely no disrespect. This is the most auburn thread I've read on this board today.

Midnight madness is just a tradition that most basketball programs hold where they let the team practice for the first time in front of a crowd. It's The equivalent of A-Day. For instance, Kentucky sells out Rupp Arena for it. Fans camp out, etc.

What do you mean "Auburn thread"?

Who are other people? Why even ring that up if you love AU BB what different does it make??

Its called Midnight Madness because the NCAA sets a specific date on which a team can begin practice. I forget who, I think Maryland was the first team to do it at 12:01 am of that day began what was really kind of an "A Day" for the fans and have it literally at midnight. Kentucky then formally called it midnight madness and it took off. I saw the one at Auburn with Chris Porter his Senior year and it was crazy with dunk contests, 3 point contests etc. plus a scrimmage. Lots of people came out for that one.

I was there for that one as well, pretty blurry eyed at that time but I made it nonetheless. It was a Friday night before a football game if I remember correctly. I think Adam Harrington won the slam comp. Good times in the BEMC.

• 2 weeks later...

Spread the word! All over town! With football season like it is this could be a break for the basketball team!

Archived