Quan Bray arrested (merged topics)

auburnpride99

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/19666754/auburn-wide-receiver-arrested-in-georgia?clienttype=printable

I read about this on another board but they didn't have a source. So I googled it and found this article. I know this kid has had it tough with the death of his mother last year. I'll say a prayer for the young man.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before the internet boards start blowing up, Fox 6 News in Birmingham (Rick Karle, Finescum's man-crush buddy) opened their noon newscast with their "lead developing story", reporting that Quan Bray was arrested in Georgia last night. Apparently he was stopped due to loud music, the officer noticed an open container, ran the license and found he was driving on a "restricted" license and was arrested. Bonded out this morning. Yeesh, does it ever stop? :banghead:

Karle tried to soften the story by mentioning Quan's difficult situation, i.e. the murder of his mother, but you could almost sense the glee in his voice by being able to report this "scoop". I'm beginning to feel the same about Fox 6 as I do about Fbaum....."click goes the off button".

Before the internet boards start blowing up, Fox 6 News in Birmingham (Rick Karle, Finescum's man-crush buddy) opened their noon newscast with their "lead developing story", reporting that Quan Bray was arrested in Georgia last night. Apparently he was stopped due to loud music, the officer noticed an open container, ran the license and found he was driving on a "restricted" license and was arrested. Bonded out this morning. Yeesh, does it ever stop? :banghead:

What is a restricted license? And what the is doing in Georgia? I thought our players would be on campus practicing, watching game film, working like crazy to get better................

What is a restricted license? And what the is doing in Georgia? I thought our players would be on campus practicing, watching game film, working like crazy to get better................

The news report indicated the restricted license meant he could drive a limited distance such as to and from work. In his case, I assume it was to be able to travel to and from campus for class. No mention regarding where he was traveling to or from. For some reason I want to say they indicated the arrest was in Carroll County, GA, but I'm not sure.

Wowzers....not good news.

No results on the field AND bad behavior by the players.....not a recipe for keeping your job, Mr. Chizik. Generally, the "good character" can buy you a few minutes if you're not producing on the field but both issues??? eeeesh. And I am a solid supporter of Chizik and I don't want him fired.

That being said, it seems like the reason he was pulled over is BS. Loud music? Really? I hope he was setting off car alarms with his music because if he wasn't and that was the reason he was pulled over seems asinine, to say the least.

heres an idea, you usually dont get arrested if you are only breaking one law at a time. open container+ no license+ loud music= wth are you thinking. by the way none of it is felony behavior but USE YOUR HEAD.

Normally means you cannot drive a vehicle at certain hours. Not sure how he got the restriction on his license, Most states have automated restrictions on drivers under 18 limiting when they can drive and how many people can be in the car.

Give him a break guys. This is what 18-19 year kids do every day. Drive around with loud music and sometimes drink. You act like you were never in college or forgot it was so long ago maybe. The years I was in Auburn people drank and drove every day. One party to the next, to a bar, back to a party, that's how it is for this generation. I'm not saying it's right or safe but that's how things are these days. And don't throw out the line, he should know better, he's got a free ride to Auburn. Most of my frat brothers were from very rich families and most were completely out of control a-holes. They had everything given to them in life and took it for granted. His life has been a mess, I think it was his father who murdered his mother last year. That would mess up anyone.

Give him a break guys. This is what 18-19 year kids do every day. Drive around with loud music and sometimes drink. You act like you were never in college or forgot it was so long ago maybe. The years I was in Auburn people drank and drove every day. One party to the next, to a bar, back to a party, that's how it is for this generation. I'm not saying it's right or safe but that's how things are these days. And don't throw out the line, he should know better, he's got a free ride to Auburn. Most of my frat brothers were from very rich families and most were completely out of control a-holes. They had everything given to them in life and took it for granted. His life has been a mess, I think it was his father who murdered his mother last year. That would mess up anyone.

It was his mother, but after seeing what happened to Dismukes, Pike, Dyer, Rose, etc, how can you KEEP cutting them slack?

It was his mother, but after seeing what happened to Dismukes, Pike, Dyer, Rose, etc, how can you KEEP cutting them slack?

+1

I'll give him a break...a break to catch his breath in between the stairs and gassers he'll be running for the next 3 weeks before he's able to dress out for a game again.

I'll give him a break...a break to catch his breath in between the stairs and gassers he'll be running for the next 3 weeks before he's able to dress out for a game again.

This. No excuses for this type of behavior. His mother's tragic death didn't just happen last month, it has been over a year.

wde

We certainly have our share of dumb @$$es on this football team.

wde

PLUS ONE

But a lot of them didn't have stable base to handle their life's problems. Still, you are on your own in this world and

no excuse for stupid. But there are reasons. WDE and good luck young man.

According to the police captain Bray had not been drinking. So yes, stupid decision but if you ask me it isn't really all that bad. Sure he was driving with a restricted license but for all we know he was doing the responsible thing and being a DD.

Two sides to every story.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2012/09/auburn_wide_receiver_quan_bray.html#incart_river

He was arrested at West Georgia in Carrollton, Ga. (WHich is about 40 minutes North of Lagrange-where Quan is from). I am guessing he has alot of friends at UWG, and since its a suitcase college- Thursday night is party night.

Its not uncommon for kids from other schools to come up Thursday nights there. ONe game suspension against Arkansas I am guessing.

Well I guess there goes any chance of salvaging this season. After the LSU game I was optimistic that things were turning around but maybe not. I'm I big Chizik fan but something is definitely wrong with this team's chemistry on and off the field.

Archived