When will it happen?

AUTiger2012

The longer this drags on, the more I expect to see Chizik and Co back next year tossing around catchy slogans and producing lousy results on the field.

Why throw away 3.5 million more dollars when you can save it if you wait til December 1st? Hello?

What is the deal with that? Is it cut in half or something on or after December 1st? I've heard several people mention but I am not sure what the scenario is.

If they let him go before December 1st he's owed 11 million. If they wait til December 1st, it cuts back to 7.5 million.

Gotcha. That explains it.

Thanks.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so IF Auburn loses this game, the season is basically shot and the closest thing AU will go to is the Iron Bowl. After this game, if the offense still stinks just as bad or worse than usual will Lofflear finally get fired? It is not like we are playing to win a bowl after that point. Also, does Chizik finish the season or is he sent packing with Lofflear and BVG assumes interim head coach, or Trooper Taylor? I am just curious because to put it simply, I am totally disgusted with the offensive playcalling, the lack of doing exactly what they say, AKA "Our identity is to run the ball" and so we give our stud runningback 5-8 carries in the second half, when the entire first half we average 4-6 yards a carry.

Dear god almighty if they do can Chizik i will crap a gold brick if TT is ever our head coach, interim or otherwise

IF you could do that 51 times with the current price of gold and the average weight of a brick being 5 pounds that would pay for CGC buyout!!! So start getting to it! Oh and if you want to pay all of the buyouts for the coaching staff then do a few more for another 2 mil...

Another poor season of football (if this one continues and next year is the same) will cost us a lot more than the 10 million needed to buy out Chiz and staff.... money won't be an issue com the end of the year IF they feel Chiz is not the guy to lead this team long term AND the right coach is able to be hired... won't even be a second thought.

The longer this drags on, the more I expect to see Chizik and Co back next year tossing around catchy slogans and producing lousy results on the field.

Why throw away 3.5 million more dollars when you can save it if you wait til December 1st? Hello?

What is the deal with that? Is it cut in half or something on or after December 1st? I've heard several people mention but I am not sure what the scenario is.

If they let him go before December 1st he's owed 11 million. If they wait til December 1st, it cuts back to 7.5 million.

Iincorrect. it drops 200k a month from the 10 mil it was at last december. If he was let go now it would be a bit over 7,7 mil.

I just don't see an above average OC coming to work under Chizik. Chizik would start the season as #1 coach on the hot seat.

Agreed, bringing Chiz back next year woud only delay his firing for a year. So no way can he get a good OC to come in with no job security.

I do not believe Chiz will be fired prior to the season ending. Just no reason to fire him now. No coach would even be interested in interviewing until after the season so firing him now would not give us any kind of advantage in the new coach search. Plus this season is already a wash so firing him now won't change anything for this year.

I could be wrong, and I hope I'm wrong, but I'm beginning to have this sinking feeling that Chizik will be back next year. He'll fire Loeffler as the scapegoat, and then AU will be starting all over with a new OC (and hopefully new DL coach) but, as Led Zeppelin put it, "the song will remain the same."

I agree Randy. I know having a feeling isn't based on fact, but I have a feeling Loeffler will be the scapegoat too. I see a "Strongly Worded" statement from the administration and JJ about what our goals for next year are, but in the end CGC gets another year.

I could be wrong, and I hope I'm wrong, but I'm beginning to have this sinking feeling that Chizik will be back next year. He'll fire Loeffler as the scapegoat, and then AU will be starting all over with a new OC (and hopefully new DL coach) but, as Led Zeppelin put it, "the song will remain the same."

I agree Randy. I know having a feeling isn't based on fact, but I have a feeling Loeffler will be the scapegoat too. I see a "Strongly Worded" statement from the administration and JJ about what our goals for next year are, but in the end CGC gets another year.

Who's to say our DC want leave and we find ourselves back in the same situation as this year...new OC and DC? It's time to clean house no later than the end of the season. In my opinion, December should be the latest. If I had my way I would fire GC now and appoint an interim head coach now. People want to think that our problems exist at the OC position. Get your head out of the sand. It's our head coach.

GC may vary well get a year to clean up this mess but if he does it's only because JJ has someones hand up his back allowing them to call the shots. Giving GC another year will also put the spotlight on JJ and he may vary well end up losing his job too. If JJ pulls the trigger on GC it's because he is feeling the heat under his seat and he may feel that his days as AD may be numbered.

I'm disgusted with all the coaches. BTW, who evaluates how Jacobs and Jackson has done with whole athletic department? They both have been doing a crappy job for many years now.

Worked for Will at Florida new OC new strenght coach top 5 team....

So.....a few posters on other sites are saying the exact same thing.....Chizik and JJ are gone at season's end (Dec 1). If this indeed true, then curious if the administration already has the hires ready to go? If not, then going thru the screening, interviewing and hiring process for the AD and head coach, assistant coaches would be a lengthy process.

The decision has been made, but interviews and process is for a later date. I think the other issue is whether assistants will stay to see if the new hire wants some of the same staff or not.

I was told that part of Chiz' contract stops the pay of the buyout if he is hired again in any capacity. That will be interesting also If true.

The decision has been made, but interviews and process is for a later date. I think the other issue is whether assistants will stay to see if the new hire wants some of the same staff or not.

I was told that part of Chiz' contract stops the pay of the buyout if he is hired again in any capacity. That will be interesting also If true.

So he'll sit out a few years, like Tater Tot did, and collect a check. How many ex-coaches are we gonna have on the payroll?

I think chizik would do well as an espn cfb analyst then eventually get back into the game as a HC. Don't see him stepping back into a DC role.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If we bring in a new coach, and tell him he needs to keep any of the current staff, we are not going after a "rock star" or a "homerun", but another Chizik-like hire. The new coach, if there is one, needs to be able to bring in the coaches he feels comfortable with. I'm sure some of our current coaches will get an interview (Boulware, Van Gorder, Luper, Martinez), and if they are the best fit, will be hired/retained by the new coach. Most of the names I've seen on everyone's wish list will not accept this as a term of employment. Petrino is the only one I could see even entertaining this idea, because he doesn't currently have a lot of leverage, due to his situation.

If we proceed down this road, and handcuff a new coach to accept our assistants, look for us to be doing this all over again in a few years.

I'm afraid that most of those in power are not as forward thinking as we may hope for. Then again, jetgate has many of them timid as to what to do next. Again, this is from my one and only connection to the admins.

Has anyone thought that Yox might be part of the problem........We are getting destroyed at the line of scrimmage and in the second half of every game (including LaMo). We are weak and out of Shape and everybody else knows it. We need a new strength and conditioning coach ASAP. IMO.

Has anyone thought that Yox might be part of the problem........We are getting destroyed at the line of scrimmage and in the second half of every game (including LaMo). We are weak and out of Shape and everybody else knows it. We need a new strength and conditioning coach ASAP. IMO.

^^^ luv gets it ^^^ One of MANY problems, but a big problem.

Problem did not exist in 2010 or 2004....Yox was here ...can the kids on both lines grow first?

Problem did not exist in 2010 or 2004....Yox was here ...can the kids on both lines grow first?

Sounds like we just got a group of kids who haven't bought into Yoxercise...

Iincorrect. it drops 200k a month from the 10 mil it was at last december. If he was let go now it would be a bit over 7,7 mil.

What if GC was 'assigned' other duties for 2 months, but still paid his HC salary , then let go with the payout due then?

If they have made the decision for him to go then they need have him step aside and let CVG take the interim. Things are not getting any better. If JJ and the board are worried about empty seats in JHS, then doing more of what has been done will mean more empty seats next year.

Pelton is a solid DE coach & recruiter. What we need is a DT coach like we had under Tubbs and keep Pelton as DE coach if that is possible.

Archived