AU Wheelchair Basketball Team

AUHEARDOC

"This year marks the first time the Auburn team will compete in the intercollegiate division of the National Wheelchair Basketball Association."

Great Story! Congrats to the Auburn University Wheelchair Basketball Team, the Department of Kinesiology, and the Office of Accessibility.  War Eagle!

http://www.auburn.edu/main/take5/index.html

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wheelchair basketball team to compete at Auburn Arena Saturday

The Auburn University wheelchair basketball team will host teams from Jackson, Miss., and Fort Wayne, Ind., at Auburn Arena on Saturday, Jan. 12. Game times include: Auburn vs. Indiana at 10 a.m.; Indiana vs. Mississippi at noon; Auburn vs. Mississippi at 2 p.m.; and Auburn vs. Indiana at 4 p.m. The games are free to the public. Fans can use the scholarship parking and entrance at the arena. For more information, contact Nathan Waters in the Office of Accessibility at 844-2096 or waterjn@auburn.edu.

Sorry for not having a link. I got it in an email about what is going on this week at AU.

• 2 months later...

You've got to love schools that have inclusive sports. Thanks for sharing something I had no idea exsisted.

Wheelchair basketball is a very exciting sport to watch, I highly suggest checking it out. I have gone to the Final Four several years and have seen hundreds of games. I have also tried playing too many times to count, it is beyond demanding physically, and I was terrible!!!

Archived