CadillacCone

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heath Evans comments- check

Coach BVG's comments- check

Will Collier's comments- check

Up next- ????

I think we are getting close to the point where the dam (of information) is about to break.

The pressure is building in the powder keg. I'm afraid to see what kind of information could come out that could be any more damning than what we've already been privy to. It's like watching a horror movie with your eyes half covered. You badly want to know what happens, but you are terrified to watch how process evolves.

I know, it's like you want to know and you don't all at the same time. But, people won't know how much needs to be done until they know the extent of the problem. As they say, the best antiseptic is the truth. There has been too much needless secrecy with this program anyway.

He is a columnist for AuburnSports.com.

Did you read the article?

Yes i did but I was not sure if he is a full time journalist or someone that writes a "blog" if you will. When people that earn a living because of their close relationships with the athletic dept and the football program start piling on then you know it is bad and truly a change needs to take place. I was not expecting much negtive out of the beat writers or the Rivals/Scout chiefs because you have to be careful of biting that hand that feeds you. If he is just a fan with the luxury of writing a blog then i factor that.

I read somewhere today that JJ will have 25 years in March of next year and can retire. Maybe the ptb will announce that JJ will retire in March and go ahead and announce his replacement early and keep JJ from being involved in hiring new coach.

JJ needs to go like yesterday.. He does not need to be reassigned or put in another position within the AD.. HE HAS TO GO.. out the door.. bye bye. I don't care if he is 2 days away from retirement. His absolute incompetency during his tenure as AD should not be tolerated another day.

In all reality guys...if all of Auburn fans are discussing the issues to the point that we are , and I'm sure we are not the only ones. You can bet someone is getting the message. All the sports writers are hammering it home too. All the emails, all the signs on campus, the half empty stadiums on gameday, the petitions, Twitter blowing up, all these things being forced into play. I am willing to bet the higher ups don't want the Sh/tstorm that is going to come if they don't do the right thing. This will be a PR nightmare for the University if they don't play along. Not to mention the HUGE hit of the financial impact this will have. That's my thoughts on all of this.

1) Jay Jacobs is most likely staying(I'd be willing to bet that he is)

2) Tim Jackson being incompetent is allowed to transfer instead of being fired.

3) There has been a push by some BOT to keep Chizik

4) Replacements being thrown around is Gus Malzahn, Jimbo Fisher, and Bobby Petrino.

All of this info leads me to believe that the Auburn powers that be have no intention on changing. They not just like it that way but support the dysfunctional system that is in place at Auburn. Until I see fundamental changes, I will not believe they will ever change.

1) Jay Jacobs is most likely staying(I'd be willing to bet that he is)

2) Tim Jackson being incompetent is allowed to transfer instead of being fired.

3) There has been a push by some BOT to keep Chizik

4) Replacements being thrown around is Gus Malzahn, Jimbo Fisher, and Bobby Petrino.

All of this info leads me to believe that the Auburn powers that be have no intention on changing. They not just like it that way but support the dysfunctional system that is in place at Auburn. Until I see fundamental changes, I will not believe they will ever change.

I'm with you. Unfortunatly i think they are planning on doubling down which would be the absolute worst thing that could happen

In all reality guys...if all of Auburn fans are discussing the issues to the point that we are , and I'm sure we are not the only ones. You can bet someone is getting the message. All the sports writers are hammering it home too. All the emails, all the signs on campus, the half empty stadiums on gameday, the petitions, Twitter blowing up, all these things being forced into play. I am willing to bet the higher ups don't want the Sh/tstorm that is going to come if they don't do the right thing. This will be a PR nightmare for the University if they don't play along. Not to mention the HUGE hit of the financial impact this will have. That's my thoughts on all of this.

Good points. What we are all seeing is a reaction to the worsening dysfunction that people have seen the last 2 years, culminating in the worse season in 62 years. The only uproar that would be louder than what we see now, would be if someone in a position to actually do something about this (Gogue), does nothing.

Most people have a sense of urgency about all this. The reason is that even though damage has been done to the program, they feel that what we now have in place puts us in a position to turn things around in short order with the proper leadership. But, they also feel that another year like this and the damage will be so much worse that it will take years for Auburn to turn it around. Gogue has to ask himself how much damage does he want before he is willing to act. The reaction we see will be in proportion to his decision. We will see soon enough.

Good points. What we are all seeing is a reaction to the worsening dysfunction that people have seen the last 2 years, culminating in the worse season in 62 years. The only uproar that would be louder than what we see now, would be if someone in a position to actually do something about this (Gogue), does nothing.

Most people have a sense of urgency about all this. The reason is that even though damage has been done to the program, they feel that what we now have in place puts us in a position to turn things around in short order with the proper leadership. But, they also feel that another year like this and the damage will be so much worse that it will take years for Auburn to turn it around. Gogue has to ask himself how much damage does he want before he is willing to act. The reaction we see will be in proportion to his decision. We will see soon enough.

I don't think we've scratched the surface of the uproar that will occur if no steps are taken. It will get VERY nasty if that is the case.

I don't think we've scratched the surface of the uproar that will occur if no steps are taken. It will get VERY nasty if that is the case.

You are correct again.

Yes i did but I was not sure if he is a full time journalist or someone that writes a "blog" if you will. When people that earn a living because of their close relationships with the athletic dept and the football program start piling on then you know it is bad and truly a change needs to take place. I was not expecting much negtive out of the beat writers or the Rivals/Scout chiefs because you have to be careful of biting that hand that feeds you. If he is just a fan with the luxury of writing a blog then i factor that.

Well respected, much read, multi generational Auburn family and very knowledgeable concerning all things AU.

Well respected, much read, multi generational Auburn family and very knowledgeable concerning all things AU. This is an impactful article.

i still think that if everyone would walk out of the stadium this saturday after the senior ceremonies,the message would be sent loud and clear.....i don't trust this administration to do what right for AU,and that is because i don't think they know what is best for AU....i actually hope a&m wins the game to let the asshats in charge realize just how far down AU athletics are on the totem pole....i don't think nick saban could sustain a good program at AU for very long,due to the dysfunctional "leadship" infrastructure that does more damage to AU than the REC ever could....yep, i am exasperated and disillusioned with whole damn mess because i am concerned about the future and the possibility of AU becoming the ole miss of the western division....unless drastic,changes are made,not only personel,but also the way the athletic department operates,that is precisely where we are headed....hell, we are already there

i still think that if everyone would walk out of the stadium this saturday after the senior ceremonies,the message would be sent loud and clear.....i don't trust this administration to do what right for AU,and that is because i don't think they know what is best for AU....i actually hope a&m wins the game to let the asshats in charge realize just how far down AU athletics are on the totem pole....i don't think nick saban could sustain a good program at AU for very long,due to the dysfunctional "leadship" infrastructure that does more damage to AU than the REC ever could....yep, i am exasperated and disillusioned with whole damn mess because i am concerned about the future and the possibility of AU becoming the ole miss of the western division....unless drastic,changes are made,not only personel,but also the way the athletic department operates,that is precisely where we are headed....hell, we are already there

I understand your frustration because I can't imagine any fan that doesn't feel the same way at this point. I think that win or lose against A&M the state of the program should be pretty clear to those in charge. Where I disagree is hoping that we lose. I certainly understand the sentiment. I think the unknown is the most difficult part right now. What happens, who stays and when it will all take place. This season is a loss but brighter days are ahead. I don't know when things turn around but no team stays on the top forever and we certainly won't be on the bottom long.

The most damning part is about Tim Jackson. How this guy has become the "football czar" at Auburn is beyond me. Why is a guy who was in charge of the THE TICKET OFFICE now in charge of player discipline??? Why in the HELL is a guy who worked in THE TICKET OFFICE involved with interviewing coaches?? Because he's best buddies with Jay??? This is a freaking joke.

I don't care if we hire Vince freaking Lombardi as our next coach. Until we get rid of all these clowns NOTHING is going to change.

He has a Chemistry degree from Milsapps College....leave the man alone

http://www.auburntigers.com/genrel/jackson_tim00.html

The most damning part is about Tim Jackson. How this guy has become the "football czar" at Auburn is beyond me. Why is a guy who was in charge of the THE TICKET OFFICE now in charge of player discipline??? Why in the HELL is a guy who worked in THE TICKET OFFICE involved with interviewing coaches?? Because he's best buddies with Jay??? This is a freaking joke.

I don't care if we hire Vince freaking Lombardi as our next coach. Until we get rid of all these clowns NOTHING is going to change.

He has a Chemistry degree from Milsapps College....leave the man alone

http://www.auburntigers.com/genrel/jackson_tim00.html

Ironic that you bring up chemistry....bahaha

It really is a freaking joke. Just look at this guy. Really??? What other college football program does this crap? I would get up and walk out of an interview laughing my ass off!!!

1326137.jpg

Archived