Will Collier tells it like it is!

CadillacCone

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most damning part is about Tim Jackson. How this guy has become the "football czar" at Auburn is beyond me. Why is a guy who was in charge of the THE TICKET OFFICE now in charge of player discipline??? Why in the HELL is a guy who worked in THE TICKET OFFICE involved with interviewing coaches?? Because he's best buddies with Jay??? This is a freaking joke.

I don't care if we hire Vince freaking Lombardi as our next coach. Until we get rid of all these clowns NOTHING is going to change.

Whoever let things get to this point needs to be fired. The fact that so many involved turned the other cheek, pretended it would get fixed, and took the entire operation too lightly shows that they don't have any business being in the positions they are in.

Whoever let things get to this point needs to be fired. The fact that so many involved turned the other cheek, pretended it would get fixed, and took the entire operation too lightly shows that they don't have any business being in the positions they are in.

That lightning in a bottle 2010 season covered up a lot of warts.

wde

He's nailed exactly what we've seen (or not seen) happening at our University. This is the most sensible thing I've read about the situation thus far this season. The good ole boy attitude must be put by the wayside if we are to improve.

The administration is a network of "good ole boys" that don't have the awareness and knowledge to run the program like it should be in the modern day. That is pretty much paraphrasing the article. With that said, this is a crucial time in the program. Texas A & M could easily turn into a powerhouse with the recruiting resources they have. LSU and Alabama have proven year in and year out they aren't going anywhere. Arkansas is about to make a change. Miss St. may not be a contender but they are no joke anymore, and even Ole Miss is trying to work it's way back. If this Administration doesn't get out of town or step up to the plate and make the decisions that need to be made (new athletic director, hire the biggest and best coach we could possibly get)....I fear dark days may be ahead.

Heath Evans' comments- check

Coach BVG's comments- check

Will Collier's comments- check

Up next- ????

I think we are getting close to the point where the dam (of information) is about to break.

The administration is a network of "good ole boys" that don't have the awareness and knowledge to run the program like it should be in the modern day. That is pretty much paraphrasing the article. With that said, this is a crucial time in the program. Texas A & M could easily turn into a powerhouse with the recruiting resources they have. LSU and Alabama have proven year in and year out they aren't going anywhere. Arkansas is about to make a change. Miss St. may not be a contender but they are no joke anymore, and even Ole Miss is trying to work it's way back. If this Administration doesn't get out of town or step up to the plate and make the decisions that need to be made (new athletic director, hire the biggest and best coach we could possibly get)....I fear dark days may be ahead.

I agree..

now if someone could just tape this letter to the dear Dr's forehead then all would be solved.

Seriously, this is the best piece of journalism out there concering the state of affairs inside our program.

I agree with the sentiments expressed in the article. What a mess.

This leads me to another related and serious ongoing concern.

Is it fair to assume that the poor athletic department leadership is also the primary reason we have never seen any attempts at public relations to defend or rehabilitate our reputation in the national sports arena? As we just learned in the recent presidential campaign, unanswered negative attacks do influence peoples perceptions/opinions, regardless of whether or not they are based in truth.

Is anyone else annoyed like me that our universtity has never attempted to rehabilitate our reputation? I don't know if the athletic department is responsible for public relations efforts. If they are, I will be looking forward to significant improvements in this area - at least equal to what we all hope to see in the rest of our athletic operations.

Great right on article but I am really afraid other than Jacobs "letting Chizik go" nothing will change BUT I will say War Eagle.any way.

Archived