new commit

AUbirdie

Alonzo Horton, a 4 star defensive end/linbacker just commited to Auburn.

Picked us over florida, tennesee, michigan state, and nebraska. Also had offers from alabama, oklahoma st., north and south carolina.

i just watched some video on this kid and he is a freak.

sure would be nice to have him lined up next to jerell powe in a few years.

We're landing some good Louisiana prospects. Trahan, Horton, possibly Odom.... I like taking players from LSU land.

What I don't understand about recruiting is the ranking system. For example, the #1 All purpose RB that will visit this saturday - he is only a 4 star? Shouldn't the #1 All-purpose at the most talented position (except maybe QB) be a 5 star? Is anyone a 5 star?

According to Rivals.com, the players are given a numerical ranking as follows:

6.1 These are 5 star

Franchise Player; considered one of the elite prospects in the country, generally among the nation's top 25 players overall; deemed to have excellent pro potential; high-major prospect

6.0-5.8 4 star

All-American Candidate; high-major prospect; considered one of the nation's top 200 prospects; deemed to have pro potential and ability to make an impact on college team

5.7-5.5 3 star

All-Region Selection; considered among the region's top prospects and among the top 500 or so prospects in the country; high-to-mid-major prospect; deemed to have pro potential and ability to make an impact on college team

5.4-5.0 2 star

Division I prospect; considered a mid-major prospect; deemed to have limited pro potential but definite Division I prospect; may be more of a role player

4.9 1 star

Sleeper; no Rivals.com expert knew much, if anything, about this player; a prospect that only a college coach really knew about

So the stars don't go by position they go by what type of player he is expected to be.

He seems to be a great addition to the team! We can always use more stud linebackers!!!

Archived