Auburn vs. Tennessee Tech Game Thread

WarAJEagle

I'm just waiting on the first person to complain about winning by "only" 19 points. It's usually the same folks. :)/>

cool thing about a couple of these wins is we have done it with some really good things and still have plenty of coach able issues to keep them motivated. Barbees post game with rod Bramblett was interesting. He was basically calling out a couple of the younger guys. I thought it was great

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ADP said before the game that he was learning that his role isn't to score so much as block shots and rebound. Players are learning what is expected of them. We aren't the greatest team in the SEC but we are getting to be far from the worst. Denson's return has been a huge boost. They will start to get better and better I believe as Frankie gets more comfortable at the point. Rebounding is still an issue since we don't have a true 4 but a lot of teams don't have the explosiveness we have potentially. Its a fun team to watch and that's what I was hoping for this year. Got to keep grinding. WDE!!!!

I sat with Denson's family at the game very nice folks

Two things I would like to hear from some basketball folks.

1. We seem to play better with Wallace at point, he scored 11 I think. Can we get that same play against SEC teams,

2. We seem to rely heavily on the 2-3 zone, I have heard Barbee say he does not like this D, and would prefer to play man. We do give up some easy buckets in zone and some times do a poor blocking out job in the zone, but overall it is a better D for us. I worry he does not think this D will work in better competition. I would think a good passing team would eat us alive in this D if we play it the better part of a game like we did tonight.

1. We seem to play better with Wallace at point, he scored 11 I think. Can we get that same play against SEC teams,

2. We seem to rely heavily on the 2-3 zone, I have heard Barbee say he does not like this D, and would prefer to play man. We do give up some easy buckets in zone and some times do a poor blocking out job in the zone, but overall it is a better D for us. I worry he does not think this D will work in better competition. I would think a good passing team would eat us alive in this D if we play it the better part of a game like we did tonight.

i disagree on wallace. i think he is a killer on the offensive side of the ball. he gets wide open looks and can't knock down the shots or doesn't take them. i prefer frankie at the point where he can shoot the open shot, or drive. but thats just my opinion.

i disagree on wallace. i think he is a killer on the offensive side of the ball. he gets wide open looks and can't knock down the shots or doesn't take them. i prefer frankie at the point where he can shoot the open shot, or drive. but thats just my opinion.

A killer on offense??? He is very quick and helps him get a few buckets every once in a while, but to say he is a killer on offense is taking things way out of proportion.

I do not disagree with you on Wallace my point was he did have 11 in this game which has to be way over his average i am sure, can he keep that up? Barbee would play Sullivan/Denson at the 2 spot, with Wallace at point and it seem like the team handled the ball better. He then sometimes had Sullivan at the 3 spot, which I think takes away from his skill set. It was really at all over the place, it seemed. Maybe Barbee is in a spot, it is hard to keep Denson/Sullivan/Jordan/Price on the court at the same time. I am just wondering where when we get to league play are we going to settle on.

A killer on offense??? He is very quick and helps him get a few buckets every once in a while, but to say he is a killer on offense is taking things way out of proportion.

Read the rest of the post, he is saying Wallace hurts the offense. Killer in a bad way. Ha!

I am noexpert, but here is how I see it.

1. Wallace is a good point guard. He just doesn't provide much offense. 11 was a good game for him and sadly, I don't think he can get into double figures much during conference play. I hope he proves me wrong. what you get with wallace is invaluable though. He is an excellent passer and ball control player. He can dribble out of double teams, keeps his head up, and passes well out of traps. If he could score better, I think he could be all conference. And he has to hit his free throws. He is an asset to have on the floor.

2. We played well overall out of the 2-3 zone. Nailing threes is what kills the zone. Our lengthy defenders did a great job no giving up open shots and got a hand in guys faces. But like you said, we gave up the pass in the middle of the zone or under the basket. However, this is coachable. This worries me, But if you work with the guys in the middle and low points of the zone, you can improve in this area. I do think a good passing team would hurt us the way we played it last night. The only thing about going man is everyone has to do their job and help. Some guys are great man defenders (S Johnson, Wallace, Sullivan) but others not so much. So you have to watch the trade off of defending vs. having the guys you want on the floor to run you O, set up a press, etc.

JMO

Denson making a huge difference and taking some pressure off Sulluvan. Many of those early losses could be Ws if he had been available ...but the serious stuff starts pretty soon and we'll see how the team holds up with a higher level of competition. Hoping for the best.

Read the rest of the post, he is saying Wallace hurts the offense. Killer in a bad way. Ha!

I read all of it, but I guess I just misread it! I'm sorry!

Wallace looks good against Tenn tech but he struggles against teams that have a real threat at of. I respect him for his hard work but he is not the answer at point. Unfortunately we don't have an sec pg on this team. Go back and watch the Murray st, Dayton, and depaul games. He got abusedd

I read all of it, but I guess I just misread it! I'm sorry!

ha yeah. i meant in a bad way.

Archived