Auburn Woman BBall team

bootskii

They are kicking butt and taking names. They are 9-2 now with a win over tenn tech tonight. I am happy with what I am seeing from Coach Flo and this team. WDE!

UT Chatt. was 8-1 with wins over the Lady Vols and the Turds. They were also getting top 25 votes coming in.

Great win! And a nice statement for the Lady Tigers. The Tulane team that AU beat on the road is 7-2 with a win over LSU. Coach Flo has her team playing fast and is fun to watch. Here's to them making some noise once SEC play starts!

My wife and I drove to AU yesterday afternoon (live in B'ham) to watch the game. I do not know a lot about basketball but we have been to AU women's game in past an enjoyed it as something a bit different to do. We anticipate there would be few in attendence with school not in session in middle of holiday season. We had a good time. Great general admission seats of course. I even snagged a t shirt during the halftime show. Little ol' Najat Ouardad is a fireball and her energy is fun to watch. I was impressed with the play of freshman center Tra'Cee Tanner off the bench (9 points and 7 rebounds). I think she is going to develop into a very good player. Auburn's pressure style of defense seemed to take the Mocs out of their usual 3 point rhythm which is generally a strength for them. I hope we can make it to a conference game later this season.

the highlight reel looked like maybe 50 people in attendance, no exaggeration

More than that but not enough heads in the stands even with classes out.

It was a fun event and Auburn pressed the whole game - and they need to to get ready for the league.

Foul shooting was dead in the second half, but it was a very enjoyable event.

And yes it seems we have a coach who is pushing te level of play.

Also Hasina is the total package. Needs some more weight room time but she was the outstanding player IMO.

Also Hasina is the total package. Needs some more weight room time but she was the outstanding player IMO.

She reminds me a lot of Dewanna Bonner.

In regards to attendance, I expect the crowds to pick up when school gets back in. If we win, they will come. War Eagle!

We got another win today making it 10 wins and 2 losses. I go to most games and the crowds are down without the students. My guess the attendance is around 800 or more at the last two games. It does not look like that many people, but I counted some of the sections and there were more that I thought. This team is much improved over the last few years and they seemed to be improving every game. We should be much better toward the end of the season. I will be surprised if we don't get selected to NCAA tournament. Off to see the men play and maybe they will get a win also.

With the win over Jacksonville (Fla) last night, the Lady Tigers are now 10-2. Coach Williams-Flournoy was left with a rather bare cupboard, particularly after the normal few defections that accompany a coaching change. Nobody, me included, expected too much this year. Hats off to Coach Flo for turning things around in a most impressive manner.

Contrast the men's team, which in year four of Barbee's term as coach is still losing to the likes of Winthrop. You may say the women's 10-2 record wasn't against top competition but their competition has been much tougher than what the men have played to date. The Lady Tigers have beaten everybody they were supposed to and several they were not supposed to beat.

Maybe Coach Flo could bottle some of that and sell it to Barbee?

With the win over Jacksonville (Fla) last night, the Lady Tigers are now 10-2. Coach Williams-Flournoy was left with a rather bare cupboard, particularly after the normal few defections that accompany a coaching change. Nobody, me included, expected too much this year. Hats off to Coach Flo for turning things around in a most impressive manner.

Contrast the men's team, which in year four of Barbee's term as coach is still losing to the likes of Winthrop. You may say the women's 10-2 record wasn't against top competition but their competition has been much tougher than what the men have played to date. The Lady Tigers have beaten everybody they were supposed to and several they were not supposed to beat.

Year 3 of CTB...Big difference

but if Barbee still isnt winning next year, chances are he is gone.

Big difference between year three and year four? Why? Next year Sullivan and Chubb will be gone. What then?

Big difference between year three and year four? Why? Next year Sullivan and Chubb will be gone. What then?

K.T. Harrell(best player on the team this year) Chris Denson, Jordan Price, Allen Payne, Shaquille Johnson, Tahj Shamsid-Deen, an improved ADT, etc. There is plenty of potential for us to be good next year.

Quote: "There is plenty of potential for us to be good next year."

I agree. But then, there is plenty of potential for us to be good this year. So far it ain't happening.

How about we limit this to talk about the Women's team. We've had alot of talent the last few years - it just wasn't being developed. Attendance is listed as 1699 against Jacksonville (average for home the six home games is 1961) - I think the arena has more people than those of us in attendance realize.....and I would expect that it will grow as the Ladies contnue to win. While it's true that the bench is a little short - this year they are in much better shape and as the season has progressed they are continuing with conditioning at practice - which as far as I can tell is a new (or at least revived) concept. i believe that if we could play NC State and San Diego State now - we would win.....but they don't let us go back. If the Ladies will win all of the games they are supposed to win and a couple that they aren't then I would expect that AU WBB is headed to post season play after the SEC Tournamant....WAR EAGLE and Merry Christmas to All!

the highlight reel looked like maybe 50 people in attendance, no exaggeration

More than that but not enough heads in the stands even with classes out.

It was a fun event and Auburn pressed the whole game - and they need to to get ready for the league.

Foul shooting was dead in the second half, but it was a very enjoyable event.

And yes it seems we have a coach who is pushing te level of play.

Everyone wanted Bonner to gain weight - just wan't in her at the time.....I believe that Hasina is doing all of the required training - I'll take her just like she is - if she does for AU what DB24 did - that's pretty good! http://auburn.scout.com/2/1251689.html#.UNh8OeR86Kg.twitter

Quote: "There is plenty of potential for us to be good next year."

I agree. But then, there is plenty of potential for us to be good this year. So far it ain't happening.

Yep I agree, I think right now it comes down to coaching.

Archived