Florida State game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks WT, jared52, NoAL, AUHEARDOC, et. al

Our pleasure, I assure you. Great game by Auburn tonight. Note: Auburn shot 20 free throws in the last TWO MINUTES of the game...

Auburn 28-41 at the free throw line.

FSU: 7 -15

Sullivan lead the way for Auburn with 24 (18 in first half)

Payne added 17..

Thanks WT, jared52, NoAL, AUHEARDOC, et. al

Our pleasure, I assure you. Great game by Auburn tonight. Note: Auburn shot 20 free throws in the last TWO MINUTES of the game...

And missed WAY too many of them. But this was a good win so I'm not going to nitpick too much of the game. It was great to see that Sullivan didn't have to carry the offense all game and you can really see the younger players start to get more agressive and play smarter. The low turnover numbers for AU were great to see as well.

GReat to see a basketball thread with 21 pages. I was able to see the replay late last nite and was superbly impressed with offense and defense of the Tigers. Great pressure and hustle on defense,ball movement and team play on offense. Lack of turnovers, Free throw shooting was great and Coaching was Awesome. This team continues to grow up. I was so impressed with WALLACE last night. That is the best i have seen him play. Payne is becoming the Forward we knew he could be..Noel and Shaq, Chubb doing well underneath and shot selection..Also Green did well taking up Denson's slack......War Eagle!!!

Good win for the guys last night! The team seems to have really stepped it up over the last few games and were able to keep that up with both Denson and Price hurt. Good to see other guys starting to contribute.

How big was the crowd?

I was wondering that too. Hard to tell on tv. Didn't look packed by any stretch. Decent I'd say.

How big was the crowd?

I was wondering that too. Hard to tell on tv. Didn't look packed by any stretch. Decent I'd say.

I'd say 6000-7000. Pretty good crowd considering the students weren't in town so alot of the general population sat in the student section.

Very good win. While I don't believe in moral victories, the Illinoise game was a step in the right direction also. While I like others have may have been disappointed with our record the last two years, I believe we are heading in the right direction with the right coach. I listened to Coach Barbee last night on the Thursday night show. It was refreshing to listen to a coach who spoke very specifically about what this team and what individual players need to do to be better and win. He was not disparaging of players at all but was letting the fans know what the players need to be doing to improve; perimeter play, being more physical, going to the basket, being athletic etc. It was not coach speak and it was nice to hear.

I think the guy can get us there but it could be a a couple of few years.

Archived