2013 3* WR Johnathan Howard (North Carolina signee)

Guest jojo1515

Another tall receiver. The offense is going to be stellar.

I guess you havent heard anything E? "Supposedly" good friends with Nick Marshall...

Actually they half brothers. Howard is the one they call Bug.

I guess you havent heard anything E? "Supposedly" good friends with Nick Marshall...

I know that. I was not knocking you. My point is take that tweet from him with a grain of salt til Hoke or Bryan Matthews says he may visit. Right now it's just hopeful speculation by EDW. not that there is anything wrong with that.

Guest jojo1515

I know that. I was not knocking you. My point is take that tweet from him with a grain of salt til Hoke or Bryan Matthews says he may visit. Right now it's just hopeful speculation by EDW. not that there is anything wrong with that.

No doubt. Did a search and didnt find anything on him here. I dont usually start threads because there are usually already 5 on the same topic lol. Just thought it was worth discussing. Hope he visits. Can be good for players to play ball with someone they already know.

No doubt. Did a search and didnt find anything on him here. I dont usually start threads because there are usually already 5 on the same topic lol. Just thought it was worth discussing. Hope he visits. Can be good for players to play ball with someone they already know.

Page 12 of the Nick Marshall thread that was posted yesterday has more info.

Guest jojo1515

Seems as though Clemson has been after him as well. Anyone think its a coincidence that Gus and Chad Morris are interested in a lot of the same guys???

Seems as though Clemson has been after him as well. Anyone think its a coincidence that Gus and Chad Morris are interested in a lot of the same guys???

no brainier similar system similar targets.

Not at all since thwy are the dynamic dou of the HUNH. And I have no beef with you starting a new thread. Sorry if it came across that way.

Guest jojo1515

Not at all since thwy are the dynamic dou of the HUNH. And I have no beef with you starting a new thread. Sorry if it came across that way.

Sorry E, should have put in yellow lol. I know its not a coincidence. Clemson's O has definitely been good as of late. Glad to see the same guys looking at us again :)

AJC 1/17 reports that Howard still plans to sign with UNC

By Michael Carvell

UGA, Clemson and Auburn have all called within the last week to inquire about Johnathan “Bug” Howard, one of the state’s most underrated recruits.

On Thursday, the 6-foot-5 wide receiver from Wilcox County High School decided that he is finished with the flirtations.

Howard, who has been committed to North Carolina since last September, will not visit any other schools.

“Bug is 100-percent committed to North Carolina, and he’s shutting everything down,” Wilcox County coach Mark Ledford told the AJC. “I just got off the phone with his dad. They will be making the trip to North Carolina this weekend, and then they are done with the recruiting process.”

Howard got overlooked by most colleges because he skipped summer camps due to AAU basketball.

Auburn is unlikely to stop recruiting Howard. Earlier this week, Auburn landed a commitment from his former high school quarterback, Nick Marshall, who is playing at Garden City junior college after being dismissed last season from UGA.

UNC commit may visit Auburn before signing day

Per EDW

I hope he does...I always had a strong feeling if Nick committed to Auburn that Jonathan "Bug" Howard would follow him. My father coached both of these young men in High School and they are both elite athletes. I've watched both in High School and they are worth the price of admission. From what I understand, Nick is determined to make the most of a second chance. Nick will fit the Gus offense extremely well. Glad to see some of my hometown guys wearing the Orange and Blue...War Eagle!

Archived