Finebaum gone!

AUgrad00

If Finebaum does show up on 97.3, I sure hope they don't drop Max Howell. He's fair to both sides, Auburn and Alabama. I don't mind hearing criticisms of AU when they're warranted, and I don't mind heard praising of the Turd when that's warranted; but, the constant butt-kissing that Finebaum does for Saban is just way over the top, and it would be nice to have a program that doesn't cater to that. BTW, what ever happened to Rachel Barbeau (not sure if that's the correct spelling, but really don't care)? I don't care if she was a Auburn grad, she butt-kissed Bama unmercifully on that show with Max Howell. Did she get moved to another program or what? It's refreshing to NOT hear her whine on that show.

If Finebaum does show up on 97.3, I sure hope they don't drop Max Howell. He's fair to both sides, Auburn and Alabama. I don't mind hearing criticisms of AU when they're warranted, and I don't mind heard praising of the Turd when that's warranted; but, the constant butt-kissing that Finebaum does for Saban is just way over the top, and it would be nice to have a program that doesn't cater to that. BTW, what ever happened to Rachel Barbeau (not sure if that's the correct spelling, but really don't care)? I don't care if she was a Auburn grad, she butt-kissed Bama unmercifully on that show with Max Howell. Did she get moved to another program or what? It's refreshing to NOT hear her whine on that show.

Rachel is on in Atlanta now from what I've heard.

http://www.bizjourna...ox-expires.html

Jan 22, 2013, 11:22am CST Updated: Jan 22, 2013, 1:54pm CST

Finebaum's contract expires at WJOX

Staff Birmingham Business Journal

Paul Finebaum's contract with WJOX expired on Monday, but it's unclear where the popular sports radio host will end up.

A popular sports blog, Outkick the Coverage, has reported Finebaum will join Cox Media Group's 97.3 FM The Zone.

But the Trussville Tribune, citing sources close to the situation, claims Finebaum is still weighing several options for his future.

Representatives for Finebaum and WJOX were unavailable for comment, but Finebaum's show is no longer listed on the station's website.

David DuBose, vice president and marketing manager for Cox in Birmingham, said he could not comment on the situation.

If Finebaum did switch to WZNN, it could have a major impact on the local sports talk radio market. According to our most recent radio stations list, WJOX ranks sixth in the market, while WZNN ranks 13th.

As we previously reported, Cox Media Group was publicly courting Finebaum to join WZNN – a rival Birmingham sports station – after the expiration of his contract, which was set to expire Jan. 21.

Finebaum and Citadel Broadcasting Corp., which owned WJOX before both were acquired by Cumulus Media, were involved in a lengthy legal dispute that began when the host filed suit against his employer in 2011.

Finebaum alleged in the suit that Citadel coerced him into signing an unfavorable amendment to his contract. The dispute was later settled.

Finebaum is an idiot. That pretty much sizes it up without having to spend half of the night doing a collective analysis of someone who is not really worth spending that much time on. That catch phrase should be on billboards.

"FINEBAUM IS AN IDIOT"

When Max first came on I was excited, but after listening to him all year, he tends to down us on every occassion. Some of it is warranted, but some is not. He also tends to overlook any possible wrongs by Alabama. Not sure if Rachel rubbed off on him or what. Am glad she is gone.

I love Max and Tim to. I think they are pretty fair and I really enjoy Eyes On Auburn and Max's Auburn notebook everyday. I like the fact they do not run with rumors(If you listen during the Cam stuff you get what I'm saying). They seem very update and I enjoy listening everyday.

Also for the record Rachel is a BIG Auburn fan and a Auburn grad...really great fun girl.

When Max first came on I was excited, but after listening to him all year, he tends to down us on every occassion. Some of it is warranted, but some is not. He also tends to overlook any possible wrongs by Alabama. Not sure if Rachel rubbed off on him or what. Am glad she is gone.

I listen to Max bc he's not Pawl, but the more I listen to him, the more I'm beginning to feel his opinions are deadweight. He agrees with what ANYONE says when they call in, and doesn't have all the facts when he starts talking. I want to say about 2 weeks ago, we'd had Horton on staff for at least a week and he's spouting off that we don't have a TE Coach yet and he doesn't know where we're looking. I definitely will take him over Pawl, but I'm starting to feel he's more John Madden and less actual analyst.

• 2 weeks later...

splendorinthegrass.gif

Oh_My_Love_My_Darling.gif

ausburn, who's the leader of the pack in the top LSUfreek gif? Just curious. Thanx in advance!

splendorinthegrass.gif

Oh_My_Love_My_Darling.gif

ausburn, who's the leader of the pack in the top LSUfreek gif? Just curious. Thanx in advance!

I don't know for sure. Think is it was offensive coordinator Jim McElwain.

This is when Paul fell in love with Nick in a boat ride in 2009.

boatfinebaumsaban.jpg

. . . I don't know for sure. Think is it was offensive coordinator Jim McElwain.

This is when Paul feel in love with Nick in a boat ride in 2009.

boatfinebaumsaban.jpg

opps wrong picture.... but thanks for not show the feel anyways.

. . . I don't know for sure. Think is it was offensive coordinator Jim McElwain.

This is when Paul feel in love with Nick in a boat ride in 2009.

boatfinebaumsaban.jpg

opps wrong picture.... but thanks for not show the feel anyways.

Edited back to fell..... slight error...only slight. Feel, Felt, Fell in terms of affection or appreciation in a non physical way. (Did I pass censorship?)

These post are in humor only. I laugh at my own error. Paul can be a good sport about himself at times. The biggest advantage of him being off of the air during this time is that the EPA is considering lifting the air quality warnings in Jefferson and Shelby counties since they have improved during his departure.

Can you imagine how BAD Finebaum wishes he was on the air. How bad he wishes he could spin things about about AU recruiting, the bammer boys beating students... He must be wetting his pants. Bet he has called Nick daily bemoaning this.

AU fans should just ignore Finescum. He enjoys agitating Auburn people, and so do the updykes that listen to him. He can't bother you if you aren't paying attention to his blather. If AU fans quit responding, he'd have nothing to stir up.

• 4 weeks later...

AU fans should just ignore Finescum. He enjoys agitating Auburn people, and so do the updykes that listen to him. He can't bother you if you aren't paying attention to his blather. If AU fans quit responding, he'd have nothing to stir up.

"Hear, hear...Tigerbelle! Hear, hear..."

i remember when paul and pat dye made a bet on the iron bowl which paul lost and he had to drive a tractor from the 'ham to auburn.....lol.

Saw on Al.com that he as signed a book deal with HarperCollins for a memoir about his radio show. I didn't know his listeners could read, seems a coloring book would be more appropriate.

Have been "Finebaum Free" for several years now. So much better....

I love your name. Makes me chuckle everytime I see it.

Saw on Al.com that he as signed a book deal with HarperCollins for a memoir about his radio show. I didn't know his listeners could read, seems a coloring book would be more appropriate.

They would just use the pages to wipe their fanny, which is the only thing that book would be useful for.

Im not a Finebaum fan at all, but gezee you guys hate him. lol

The problem I have with Finebaum is that he plays both sides of the fence.......who ever he gets the most ratings for, thats the side he chooses. It did not help that all of the retards in Alabama, both Auburn and Alabama fans called his show and keep him a float.

Have been "Finebaum Free" for several years now. So much better....

I love your name. Makes me chuckle everytime I see it.

Thanks - It's the "wisea**" in me. I couldn't resist when I was trying to come up with a name. So many transgressions get swept under the rug. I figured I would keep it "fresh".

Archived