Finebaum gone!

AUgrad00

Yeah, hasn't 97.3 been running this little ad for the past few months about Finebaum's contract expiring soon and where will he end up? I don't reckon they would run that if he wasn't heading there. I hate it, though. I don't mind listening to their afternoon show. If they have hired Finebaum, I hope he's on in the mornings or late nights.

Yeah, hasn't 97.3 been running this little ad for the past few months about Finebaum's contract expiring soon and where will he end up? I don't reckon they would run that if he wasn't heading there. I hate it, though. I don't mind listening to their afternoon show. If they have hired Finebaum, I hope he's on in the mornings or late nights.

Agreed. I like the 4th Quarter show. Coach Max makes a lot of sense, and I'd hate to see him get replaced by Finebaum.

Ding dong the witch is dead....

He will be back, the bams will make sure of that! He is without question their mouthpiece, to spew as much venom against AU as possible, to recruits and to poison anything dealing with AU!!

He will be back in 3 months at 97.3 The Zone. He has to wait 3 months due to a non-compete agreement.

http://outkickthecov...nghams-wjox.php

The fact that he's going to the Zone is quite interesting - wasn't their initial ad push based off the fact that they WEREN'T Finebaum and were instead actually doing sports? This is going to leave me with nothing but Eyes On Auburn podcasts to listen to.

He will be back in 3 months at 97.3 The Zone. He has to wait 3 months due to a non-compete agreement.

http://outkickthecov...nghams-wjox.php

The fact that he's going to the Zone is quite interesting - wasn't their initial ad push based off the fact that they WEREN'T Finebaum and were instead actually doing sports? This is going to leave me with nothing but Eyes On Auburn podcasts to listen to.

Sounds like Pawl left to get even more $$$ from 97.3. hahahaha It's ALL about tha Benjamins!

I haven't listend to him in over a year ( I would advice you all to do the same) but even back then he was sueing the Network to let him out of his contract so he could get another deal with someone else. So this has been coming for a long time.

It's not like he was fired. He will be back, and more than likely on 97.3.

He has 3 month no compete in the Bham market

... so I'll listen to new guys for 3 more months, and then go back to listening to WJOX (just like those days of olde)

He's always been the mouthpiece. He spews out such much towards hate. Some people says it's all an act, but I don't buy. You can just tell in his voice the he hates anything and ayone that use to do with Auburn sports programs and the university.

Other than perhaps a few months of local silence, I don't see anything particularly worth cheering about...

I just take this a sign that, with his current contract expiring, he's looking at his options and expecting bigger things. Like it or not, his name recognition seems to be on the rise nationally, what with TV spots, national reporters & media shows referencing him when discussing the SEC & AU/UAT specifically, and web blogs/sites quoting him. The al.com article said he also has a new manager. Sounds to me like he and the new management are just shopping for more $$$$ and/or bigger markets. His die-hard inbred fans will follow him to his new broadcast home, and I'm sure the REC will shed no tears if his party line reaches more ears. Also, I would not be surprized--but don't know--if his Sirius radio contract wasn't complete separate from his JOX contract, and he'll still have that while shopping. He could even end up back at JOX, only with much fatter pockets and all this free publicity to boost his ratings.

I fully expect F'baum to be back soon, probably bigger, richer, or more widely heard than ever. Unfortunately.....

[Although from a purely business/professional move, I can't fault anyone for looking to move up the ladder if their current contract expires, and they think they have a reasonable shot to do better. ...not saying Paul deserves any better, just saying any of us in similar position would probably do the same from a career standpoint. Coaches, pro athletes, major CEO's, and radio & TV personalities do it all the time. Now excuse me for quasi-defending PF, I have to go :puke: ]

The roundtable with Dunnaway (sp?), Brown and the other guy are moving to the afternoon slot (2-6 p.m.) on Jox. Disturbing that the program manager from Jox (forgot his name, maybe Ryan Hayne) is moving to 97.3 TheZone.

I like Coach Max and Tim on the Fourth Quarter show. The bottom line is, if Slimebaum ends up there in their slot, I'll turn off that station in that time slot just like I did with the ScumBucket at Jox.

"Hey Pawl, if your phone doesn't ring, it's probably me." :big:

Even though it's only for 3 months, thank goodness slimecum is no longer on the air. Oh my, what is Harvey "Tree Killer" Updyke gonna do know.

the minute the little SOB opens his mouth on 97.3,i am finished with the entire station and will go back to wjoxsux,i suppose....D&B ain't too bad....i listen to sportscll over the internet at 4 anyway....having the little pervert move to their station cost them this listener

Archived