2013 5* RB Alex Collins (Arkansas signee)

TitanTiger

A large part of the story is the mom is afraid of flying and wanted the kid to go to a school closer to Miami so she could drive to his games.

He's signed with Arkansas now, courtesy of his dad who lives somewhere within 50 miles and showed up to sign the parent's part. I guess it will be up to the NCAA and her lawyers to shake things out. If she has sole custody of him, it will be interesting to see where this ends.

A large part of the story is the mom is afraid of flying and wanted the kid to go to a school closer to Miami so she could drive to his games.

He's signed with Arkansas now, courtesy of his dad who lives somewhere within 50 miles and showed up to sign the parent's part. I guess it will be up to the NCAA and her lawyers to shake things out. If she has sole custody of him, it will be interesting to see where this ends.

I think he's 18, so not a minor in most states. The NCAA just has a rule that a parent must sign the NLOI. I hope the NCAA rules addresses this situation or they may have another rule mess.

Archived