Wofford Game

You don't like crickets? here's the headline:

AUBURN, Ala. - Auburn scored three times in the bottom of the sixth to break open a tie game en route to a 7-4, come-from-behind win over Wofford on Wednesday night at Plainsman Park. With the win Auburn improved to 17-12 while Wofford fell to 13-18.

It seems we've found a team we can compete with in always-tough Wofford.

AUBURN, Ala. - Auburn scored three times in the bottom of the sixth to break open a tie game en route to a 7-4, come-from-behind win over Wofford on Wednesday night at Plainsman Park. With the win Auburn improved to 17-12 while Wofford fell to 13-18.

Back to the SC baby!

Why do you even bother with it if you are so miserable even with anything positive, and so dismissive of anything good this team does?

Auburn did win the game. It still counts.

Why do you even bother with it if you are so miserable even with anything positive, and so dismissive of anything good this team does?

Auburn did win the game. It still counts.

Counts where? Certainly not in the SEC standings and beating a minor-league team with a losing record doesn't help our RPI one bit. Now, had we gone to play Georgia Tech or hosted Clemson I'd be impressed. Scheduling an endless stream of Waffords, Browns and the like is nothing but an admission that we can't compete with the big boys.

wow people who post on here seem to think that Auburn has been even decent in baseball after Baird's era.....really....really...at least Pawlowski has brpught a tad of respectability to your program the last 5 years...one of the better recruiters willing to leave the southeast in search of talent..and you havent noticed, recruitment classes have been very good (true most have not hit campus) but should you recruit less qualified players? I think for college baseball, you have one of the best in the business.....clean program, great kids and a tad on the tough side....other than a upperclassman, you have a relatively young team. Hang tight, this baseball will do somethings....its early still and good win tonight in College station....Don't forget, the schedule pitted AU against 2 top 5 times in the 1st two series. Tomsha will be a stud, pitching is getting there, defense still suspect in the infield, but outfield is strong and behind the plate is strong. Baseball is a game of streaks, I think Auburn will start hitting, they certainly have the potential, and when it does, I see a decent run and the boys that have committed next year are some real talent and most will make it too campus...

Baseball is a game of streaks....

Not sure I'm buying much of what you're selling. Winning baseball is a game of consistency.

Then maybe you don't know baseball very well. It is definitely a game of streaks because so much of it is mental. I have a close relative who played college ball, pitched in the College World Series, and then was a MLB pitcher. He certainly knows the game...and he says the exact same thing....that baseball is a game of streaks.

Then maybe you don't know baseball very well. It is definitely a game of streaks because so much of it is mental. I have a close relative who played college ball, pitched in the College World Series, and then was a MLB pitcher. He certainly knows the game...and he says the exact same thing....that baseball is a game of streaks.

I know a little, played for the greatest high school baseball coach to ever walk on a field (at Vestavia), then played for Nix and Baird. How many innings did you play? Great teams/players focus on the details that eliminate streaks.

im sure u do.......game of failure........the difference is that as Tiger belle said.......patience hitting is contagious.....im sure u were a very good ballplayer and u seem intelligent, but u should know how it works...i agree, eliminate mistakes and keep your head in the game......and yes have many innings under my belt...to include college..just saying

The idea that we can blow people away and/or beat them into submission at the plate is just out-dated. Streaks come when fundamentals aren't solid or go away due to lack of commitment to sharpen them daily. Our head coach's website is Throw90.com. I don't care if you can throw 95, if the mechanics aren't proper and you can't consistently throw strikes you can't win. I caught a guy in high school (Chris Hammond) who became the fourth pitcher in MLB history to have a sub 1 ERA with a minimum of 70 innings in a season. He threw three speeds of changeups, and couldn't touch 86 with a tailwind during that season. Dunn was unwavering on the details. Baird was pretty meticulous. Nix was riding out the string. Can you guess who was most consistently successful?

i completely agree with radar guns. and power pitching is overrated.....but agree to disagree about streaks...certainly agree that fundamentals will eliminate a portion of streaks...but being involved in the game for 30+ years, u will have streaks...i completely believe in Jp and how he goes about the game.

I know a little, played for the greatest high school baseball coach to ever walk on a field (at Vestavia), then played for Nix and Baird. How many innings did you play? Great teams/players focus on the details that eliminate streaks.

I played softball....since I'm a girl. But I'll take a MLB pitcher's opinion over a college athlete's . There's no way to completely eliminate streaks. It's just part of the game.

In discussing the shortcomings of Auburn baseball under Pawloski, we're not discussing streaks. We're discussing over four years of unsatisfactory performance. WTH does a streak or even a few streaks have to do with four+ years of failure? Do y'all suggest that a five year streak of Great Accomplishments is going to start next weekend?

Mikey....just shut up.

Just because you are such a negative and miserable poster...does not mean you get to ruin this forum for everybody else.

4 yrs of failure? really...what does one consider success? JP has the 3rd most wins in AU history.....SEC tourney every year....one NCAA appearance.....great kids, kids coming back staying involved in the program....coaches under him getting head coach jobs.....sure anyone could say that they take 10 teams or whatever to the SEC tourney.....ect.....the the lain fact is that the program is certainly no powerhouse.....really hasnt been in a number of years.....but respectable, most definitely. If you don't like Pawlowski, fine, don't come to games....don't waste your time posting....it won;t change anything.....and JP will be here for many more years...and this program will become top notch again....do us a favor, when it does....dont bother coming to games or enjoying sucess.

Mikey....just shut up.

Just because you are such a negative and miserable poster...does not mean you get to ruin this forum for everybody else.

Why should I shut up, because you said to? If I had to guess, I'd say I've been attending, following and concerned with Auburn baseball a lot longer than you have. Over 30 years as a player, manager and league official have given me the ability to recognize incompetence when I see it and my years as an AU baseball supporter have earned me the right to complain until something is done to correct the deplorable situation.

The more people that gain an understanding of the failure of the Auburn baseball program over these most current five seasons the sooner we're likely to get some relief in the form of a new coach. I'll point out the many failures at every opportunity.

Here's one for ya': Including the current series with Texas A&M, Auburn has played in 24 SEC series over the last three years. We've been swept in 8 of them, fully 33%. Anybody happy with that?

That doesnt sound like a supporter, sounds like a negative person ....period....deplorable.....not hardly.....post away my friend..when program continues to improve not only in the form or wins/losses......but in good solid kids, graduating.....ect......and no issues....you have impressive credentials my friend....but maybe not the correct priorities

But I'll take a MLB pitcher's opinion over a college athlete's.

By the way, pitchers are flakes. That's why they make awful managers (inference intended). He's not left handed also, is he?

Archived