2014 4* JUCO DL Davonte Lambert commits to AUBURN!!!

AubTigers

I don't like the article I just read - we're not even mentioned except in passing. I wonder if we can get his grandma in for an official visit.

"Right now I have some idea of where I want to go in my head,” Lambert said. “But I’m going to go home and talk to my family about it and see what my grandma thinks. Whatever she tells me to do is what I’ll mostly like do. My grandma has visited both Florida and Tennessee with me.”

Read more: http://www.gatorcoun...5#ixzz2adIsNzo5

He OVed Auburn 10 days ago.

That's my point - he came to Auburn without his Grandma and she is going to be a prime factor in his decision. The Grandma factor takes it to a contest between Tennessee and Florida.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, hate to say it, but from my viewpoint, AU comes up at 3rd place behind UT who is behind UF. I'd go to UF way before I did UT.

I don't like the article I just read - we're not even mentioned except in passing. I wonder if we can get his grandma in for an official visit.

"Right now I have some idea of where I want to go in my head,” Lambert said. “But I’m going to go home and talk to my family about it and see what my grandma thinks. Whatever she tells me to do is what I’ll mostly like do. My grandma has visited both Florida and Tennessee with me.”

That's my point - he came to Auburn without his Grandma and she is going to be a prime factor in his decision. The Grandma factor takes it to a contest between Tennessee and Florida.

You only got Florida's side in that article.. His mom and Aunt came with him on his Auburn OV. They are prime factors in his choice also and they loved Auburn. I am still picking Florida but Auburn comes in a close 2nd.

Reading the article again it looks like the reporter did not even ask about Auburn, hence not much on Auburn.

You only got Florida's side in that article.. His mom and Aunt came with him on his Auburn OV. They are prime factors in his choice also and they loved Auburn. I am still picking Florida but Auburn comes in a close 2nd.

Reading the article again it looks like the reporter did not even ask about Auburn, hence not much on Auburn.

I hope you're right. If you have a premium subscription to Scout you may want to read Chad Simmon's latest piece on Devonte.

I hope you're right. If you have a premium subscription to Scout you may want to read Chad Simmon's latest piece on Devonte.

Hate Scout and Simmons with a passion in terms of recruiting so no I don't.

No Grandma to Auburn ? :(

According to E, his Mom and Aunt came to AU with him.

No Grandma to Auburn ? :(

According to E, his Mom and Aunt came to AU.

Grandma is enrolled? Great strategy. :bananadance:

Ha, ha. Fixed it.

Whats does this years junior and sophomore DE class look like? Any potential there? I remember we have president, Harrell and delaine but I think they have been injured in the past. Are we just building around the 2013 and 2014 DE class? This kid might be a big contributor due to his juco experience in our defense.

Whats does this years junior and sophomore DE class look like?

DE classes look good every year and 2015 is no different with five 5*s and 10 in the top 100.

DE classes look good every year and 2015 is no different with five 5*s and 10 in the top 100.

Sorry I ment AU's sophomore and junior DE class on campus now. Seems all you hear about is seniors and freshman.

Sorry I ment AU's sophomore and junior DE class on campus now. Seems all you hear about is seniors and freshman.

That's because the seniors will start or get significant minutes and the freshmen were 5 * recruits. Delaine is the only Jr and Harrell and Niles the only Sophs.

• 2 weeks later...

He just got an excellent rating of 96 from 247. Some people are saying we are still in it, and may even be a AU/UF battle, which is interesting since the Crystal Ball trend has been to utk for a few days now. We need to get this guy!!

He just got an excellent rating of 96 from 247. Some people are saying we are still in it, and may even be a AU/UF battle, which is interesting since the Crystal Ball trend has been to utk for a few days now. We need to get this guy!!

The staff likes our chances FWIW.

This is an AU UF battle. E is correct our staff is confident.

Man, I like the sounds of that!!

This is an AU UF battle. E is correct our staff is confident.

Man, I like the sounds of that!!

E, thanks for the commit date, the 13th. Very soon. I hope it goes well.

Archived