2014 4* DE Richard Yeargin III (Clemson signee)

AubTigers

So have half the Div. 1 schools on the East Coast or so it appears! WTH? I mean he is a rangy, long armed kid. He has a little meat on him but will need more. Hey, you gotta have a few projects in every class. Even sabear has them each year. The trick is to have the bottom half of our class be better than the bottom half of theirs. That is where the true success of a program lies.

Lead Recruiter Melvin Smith, Secondary Rodney Garner

Fort Lauderdale, FL (University School)

Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 225

Does anyone else think he can grow into a good 4-3 DE?

I can see that. I can see him being coached into a helluva LB as well. Still, how is he an 84? And a 3*?

Like the Cat's Tail around Granpa's Rocking Chair...IT WON"T BE LONG NOW!

Wrong guy. Yeargin is a 90 or 87 depending on which one you look at.

Dang! And I used up my Cat/Rocking Chair reference! What a waste! You threw my off, I meant Landry! (Your fault E, as usual)

Did anyone see the number of forced fumbles in the highlights. He either has a knack for getting the ball free or every team he plays has poor ball security.

• 8 months later...

I think so but he needs to learn to wrap up. Seems when he really explodes into tackles he does a great job but saw him trying to arm tackle a lot. Displayed some quick feet on the first video.

I thought we were recruiting him early on in the process or am I incorrect?

Guest jojo1515

I think so but he needs to learn to wrap up. Seems when he really explodes into tackles he does a great job but saw him trying to arm tackle a lot. Displayed some quick feet on the first video.

Check the date on the post you quoted. That will probably answer your question :)

Check the date on the post you quoted. That will probably answer your question :)

jojo-1

Pikes-0

I guess just seeing his thread up front all of the sudden I forgot to use that there common sense thing.

Guest jojo1515

I like the 3-4 over the 4-3. That's the defense we should be running.

Well, technically we run a 4-2-5 which is able to switch to a 3-4 pretty easily, just bring the star up and drop an athletic DE back. Once our D has all the right roles filled with this and maybe one more recruiting class,the versatility of the 4-2-5 will be very hard to attack IMO.

a4e, I have let the staff know what you said, so you should definitely expect this change to be made during Spring practice.

Not really. I'm joking with you buddy but you asked for it with that one!

a4e, I have let the staff know what you said, so you should definitely expect this change to be made during Spring practice.

The coaches are in a meeting about this as I post. Look for an announcement within the hour, and a mass decommitment by all those kids who thought we were set on the 4-2-5.

The good news is that Gabe and Angelo now get to make multiple trips to the food court in order to gain the 50 lbs. they will need to play NT in the 3-4. Thank you a4e.

The coaches are in a meeting about this as I post. Look for an announcement within the hour, and a mass decommitment by all those kids who thought we were set on the 4-2-5.

Well, a4e will just blame that on CEJ.

Archived