Connor Kendrick

Sent tweet advising that he will be joining the Yankees organization. He is not an over-powering pitcher and this surprises me a bit....just hope it works out for him. Was hoping he would be back but I expect his dream has been to play pro ball and if he can get any kind of contract, it's probably better not to wait. Good Luck to him.

Well.....I'm disappointed that AU is losing such a great talent. But I wish him well in his MLB career. I hope his dream comes true.

WDE Connor Kendrick.

His choice. He could use another season, but that's between he and the Yankees. Good luck to him.

His choice. He could use another season, but that's between he and the Yankees. Good luck to him.

++ and guess he didn't want to take a chance with a new coach he does not know.

A junior has some bargaining power, a senior has none. Any player with borderline talent is silly if he passes up a reasonable offer after his junior year. Unless, that is, he does not want to ever play pro baseball.

A junior has some bargaining power, a senior has none. Any player with borderline talent is silly if he passes up a reasonable offer after his junior year. Unless, that is, he does not want to ever play pro baseball.

True that.

It worked out well for Appel from Stanford. Went #1 overall (estimated 6.2 mil $ signing bonus versus $1.3 offer last year). But I agree. The norm would suggest a senior has much less bargaining power.

Archived