Remember the Week 1 comment by the WSU Qb?

EagleReedle

They ran the ball real, real, real well. If they could find a quarterback, they’d be a top-five team in the nation. They just don’t have a guy who can throw it. That running game was something very, very impressive (The Spokesman-Review). :starorange:

I keep thinking about that comment.

Unfortunately, the passing game is still a weakness for us. Marshall is excellent in the option running game, but consistently inaccurate in his passing game. He is confident, and has a strong arm, but he does not have great accuracy. The question is, is he accurate enough?

JJ has better accuracy, and good arm strength, but he does not have the run game of Marshall.

Right now, Marshall has the "it" factor, and is a winner. If the game is on the line, I want Marshall in there.

I think some minor tweaks need to be made in the passing game. We can talk all we want about the Hail Mary play, but if Coates is the deep threat and Louis is the possession receiver, then the "Little Rock" play needs Coates on the post and Louis on the dig.

NM will do just fine in the passing game. Remember CGM offense is a run offense and not a pass happy offense. NM and the receivers have not connected on all passes, they have managed to win 10 games in a season after 3-9 the year before. NICK IS THE MAN :Sing:

Unfortunately, the passing game is still a weakness for us. Marshall is excellent in the option running game, but consistently inaccurate in his passing game. He is confident, and has a strong arm, but he does not have great accuracy. The question is, is he accurate enough?

JJ has better accuracy, and good arm strength, but he does not have the run game of Marshall.

Right now, Marshall has the "it" factor, and is a winner. If the game is on the line, I want Marshall in there.

I think some minor tweaks need to be made in the passing game. We can talk all we want about the Hail Mary play, but if Coates is the deep threat and Louis is the possession receiver, then the "Little Rock" play needs Coates on the post and Louis on the dig.

It looks like he is not 100% over his injury. He went from over throwing the ball prior to the injury to under throwing it.

We never found a QB tho

What do you mean?

Marshall started that game and he's still the starter. So I guess we never found another QB. WDE

Ah ha, that I get. Many thanks!

I would love for marshall to be better passing but we could be much worse in that category. ill be happy with what we got and understand he is just gonna miss a few. he hits a few too. ill take it. but the wassu qb was not an idiot, I think we have proven him right. this is what I expected and why I was in favor of hiring gus all along. he finds a way to move the ball. always has.

Smack talk* is usually best reserved.... for when you can actually back it up.

*says - Five loss (4-4 Pac-12) WSU Cougar Quaterback

It looks like he is not 100% over his injury. He went from over throwing the ball prior to the injury to under throwing it.

So that means he should be just about perfect by this weekend, right? Lol

I would love for marshall to be better passing but we could be much worse in that category. ill be happy with what we got and understand he is just gonna miss a few. he hits a few too. ill take it. but the wassu qb was not an idiot, I think we have proven him right. this is what I expected and why I was in favor of hiring gus all along. he finds a way to move the ball. always has.

Agree. We need a leader and a winner. Marshall is both. He is also fearless. Some of those qualities have been lacking the last couple of years.

NM will do just fine in the passing game. Remember CGM offense is a run offense and not a pass happy offense. NM and the receivers have not connected on all passes, they have managed to win 10 games in a season after 3-9 the year before. NICK IS THE MAN :Sing:

CGM's offense is whatever he wants it to be. Remember David Johnson at Tulsa several years ago had like 4000 pass yards.

Agree. We need a leader and a winner. Marshall is both. He is also fearless. Some of those qualities have been lacking the last couple of years.

Is that you, Pat Dye?

I think that we have found an exceptional QB that has what it takes to be a champion.

I've thought about that comment a few times during the past couple of weeks. I admit that when I heard it I thought there was no way he was correct. Although I was happy with the victory over WSU, I didn't think there was a top 5 ranking in Auburn's future. I've never been happier to be wrong.

WAR EAGLE

BEAT BAMA

Archived