AU/mizz Fan Ratio

AUinWV

@BarrettSallee Walking around the Dome, Auburn fans outnumber Missouri fans a lot to a little. Way more than 10:1.12:13pm - 7 Dec 13

Not sure it can be expected to remain this high, but War Eagle!!!

I am sure Mizzouri has more then 7,000 fans in town but I think the consensus was 70/30 , which would be 50k to about 20k in the dome. I know a lot of people are downtown but don't have tickets to the game.

Can't Wait

I actually think it will be closer to 85/15. Just a gut feeling, but with us being so much closer to Atlanta and the ice storm in the Midwest, it seems to be a possibility. Other consideration is that we have a lot more alumni in Atlanta, so a bunch of the corporate tickets probably went to AU folks around there.

I actually think it will be closer to 85/15. Just a gut feeling, but with us being so much closer to Atlanta and the ice storm in the Midwest, it seems to be a possibility. Other consideration is that we have a lot more alumni in Atlanta, so a bunch of the corporate tickets probably went to AU folks around there.

Being so close to Atl is a clear advantage for AU, especially under these circumstances.

If Mizzou manages to come in here and win in that atmosphere, then "hat's off to 'em".

Who is Barrett Sallee (or Sallee Barrett)?

Not positive, but apparently a frequent SEC writer? His twitter posts and articles are frequently on the AU and SEC feeds I get on the bleacher report app..

Guest jojo1515

http://m.bleacherreport.com/users/838009-barrett-sallee

Who is Barrett Sallee (or Sallee Barrett)?

Not positive, but apparently a frequent SEC writer? His twitter posts and articles are frequently on the AU and SEC feeds I get on the bleacher report app..

You're right. Writer for the bleacher report

http://m.bleacherreport.com/users/838009-barrett-sallee

I expected it to be at least 70-30 in Auburn's favor. So having it even more lopsided than that, doesn't surprise me at all. This is as close to a home game as we can get without being in Auburn.

At the BCS Championship it looked 10:1 outside relative to the Oregon fans, but there were so many Auburn fans without tickets that inside the stadium was more like 2:1... maybe 3:2 at worst.

Great example of the reason for my concern on it dropping off a bit. I'd really like to know how many mizz tickets went to our fans from their site. If substantial or they sold out early, I suspect this won't be a mistake they'll be making in the future.

At the BCS Championship it looked 10:1 outside relative to the Oregon fans, but there were so many Auburn fans without tickets that inside the stadium was more like 2:1... maybe 3:2 at worst.

Great example of the reason for my concern on it dropping off a bit. I'd really like to know how many mizz tickets went to our fans from their site. If substantial or they sold out early, I suspect this won't be a mistake they'll be making in the future.

It'll drop off a bit, but it's my opinion that a lot of the "neutral" seats will go to Auburn cheering fans because of the location. My prediction, and I have no inside knowledge or anything, is that it will be a 2:1... 3:1 at most (that's 67/33 or 75/25 in the other way of putting it). 3:1 would be surprising.

We're in the Mizzou section in east end zone, my brother got tickets off their website. It's at least 20 to 1 around us Auburn fans...

Another bleacher report writer i suspect:

@bmarcello

It's a pro-Auburn crowd here at the Georgia Dome as you'd expect. I'd say Auburn fans make up 65 percent of the crowd.3:40pm - 7 Dec 13

Yea... take away the Mizzou band and their little tiny section in the lower corner looks like 80/20 Mizzou... I thought that section would at least be fully yellow. So yea... Auburn definitely representing... looks like 80/20, maybe 85/15.

Archived