Browns may want to interview Malzahn

AUinWV

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curious timing....even Cleveland isn't stupid enough to let something like this out now if they really wanted him. Forget this is my suggestion

I wouldn't take the job in Cleveland. Mainly because of the last statement in the first paragraph. The other rumor is they will hire Schwartz as the DC. If I'm Head Coach I will hire my own assistants. The timing is curious. Should we blame the REC for this?

Read this from the article "Furthermore, McDaniels, Malzahn, Franklin and Schwartz are all represented by agent Jimmy Sexton, a very powerful force in coaching circles who has strong ties to the Browns organization." Just Sexton doing this job keeping his people in the spotlight.

"according to league sources"....boy that sounds authoritative doesn't it ?

I just don't see Gus leaving for the NFL, especially a team that fired their coach immediately after their regular season ending game after just his first year.

Malzahn has already signed a 6 year extension. He's not going anywhere. Can we please stop posting every ridiculous thing we can find?

The browns have done business the proper way the week by asking permission to interview various people. ...malzahn name has not been mentioned by them or auburn. ...cbs is basically fishing for a story

The browns have done business the proper way the week by asking permission to interview various people. ...malzahn name has not been mentioned by them or auburn. ...cbs is basically fishing for a story

No professional organization would float a rumor like this via CBS or ESPN...shows no respect for the prospect and the surest way to have your candidate drop out of consideration.

As I said, REC leaked something completely false to a hungry media outlet. Media these days does not verify any stories. They get it out as fast as possible and let somebody else check the facts.

let's be honest here. Why would a pro team want a first year SEC head coach that runs an offense that is nothing like a Pro style offense. Malzahn is a great coach. He would not however be a first, second, or even third choice hire for Cleveland.

I wouldn't take the job in Cleveland. Mainly because of the last statement in the first paragraph. The other rumor is they will hire Schwartz as the DC. If I'm Head Coach I will hire my own assistants. The timing is curious. Should we blame the REC for this?

The Browns G.M. and saban are big buddies.

some of you guys believe anything you read on the internet. reminds me of that commercial where the girl met a greek model on the internet who looked like a doofus. even though she was looking dead at him and saw he was a doofus, she was still blind to the fact.. reminds me of 80% of our forum.

some of you guys believe anything you read on the internet. reminds me of that commercial where the girl met a greek model on the internet who looked like a doofus. even though she was looking dead at him and saw he was a doofus, she was still blind to the fact.. reminds me of 80% of our forum.

Good analogy. Any Auburn fan that thinks there is even a 1% chance of Gus going anywhere is not paying attention to what Gus says, what Gus has done and who Gus is. They don't understand what the man is all about.

Read this from the article "Furthermore, McDaniels, Malzahn, Franklin and Schwartz are all represented by agent Jimmy Sexton, a very powerful force in coaching circles who has strong ties to the Browns organization." Just Sexton doing this job keeping his people in the spotlight.

Exactly. Early in the article it says "according to league sources", well Sexton has NFL coaches as customers too and he counts as a league source.

AU fans might as well get used to Malzahn's name coming up for almost every job opening. It is what Sexton does. I wish people wouldn't post every job rumor regarding Malzahn here because there are going to be a lot of them.

Having your coach mentioned for a lot of jobs is a good thing. You know you have a great coach when everyone else wants him. We have not had a head coach leave us for a "better" job in over 70 years. Auburn has become one of the best cities in America to live in since then. Until it actually happens again I will not be worried one tiny bit about it.

Archived