I Hate to Admit One Disadvantage of

LegalEagle

It looks as though AU will likely be the odd man out for the BCS Championship. Just suppose our neighbor, The Turds, had our identical record. Would they be out? Notre Dame? Others?

Until we get some form of playoff, the MNC is largely politics!

Freakin' Exactly Right....Nail on the head LegalE. This is the one and only reason why we probably won't go. Now next year is a different story....If we're undefeated again, we'll go. I just hope Coach Tubbs can keep his players Heads on straight and go out, Take care of Tenn. then Miami/VT in the Sugar or Utah in the Fiesta.

Sorry to sound like a broken record BUT, it ain't over yet ! ! ! :au:

Oh, just my opinion,BUT, There is never ANYTHING that could cause me to think there are any drawbacks in being an AUBURN MAN ! ! ! ! :au::D

Here's some food for thought...what if Tuberville would've done the smart thing and actually went out and hired Borges after '02 instead of promoting Nall? The offense didn't change from '03 to '04. The defense only got better...

In my opinion, we would've ended '03 near the top 5 and would've started '04 A LOT better than #17 or #18 or whatever it was.

Yeah yeah...hindsight...20/20...but you gotta wonder, just what if...

I do not wish to continue to beat that old dead horse, BUT, Coach Tuberville did what he thought was best at the time. It didn't work out and he fixed the problem. Coach Nall is a GREAT O-line Coach and I just don't ever want to forget all that HE has done for AU and this team. :au:

To play devil's advocate, tradition rich USC got left out in the cold(the BCS cold) last year after OU got hammered by K-State. Where we are now is the result of several things including getting ripped by USC and the subsequent 8-5 season. Despite the fact the WE know this is a different team, the public still sees USC dominating our face last year.

USC and OU started out 1-2. We started out 17th or 18th, and rightfully so. We've had to climb our way back up while 1 & 2 haven't lost. Is the system fair? Not just no, but HELL NO. But that's what we've got to deal with. If we can have 2-3 years of 10 win seasons, we'll get all the respect and props we deserve and the voters can't deny us.

To play devil's advocate, tradition rich USC got left out in the cold(the BCS cold) last year after OU got hammered by K-State.

Yeah but the problem with last year was the all three top teams had one loss. I don't feel sorry for USC last year because they shouldn't have lost to Cal.

This year's top three teams are undefeated which is going to mean that the odd man out (Auburn) walks away knowing that it could not have done anything better and STILL come up short of a chance at a MNC (heaven forbid a loss to UT). That sucks more than anything. Forget whatever gripe LSU had last year, we're gonna get screwed this year!

I have been an AU fan since I was 13(1963). I have seen Shug go, Barfield come and go, Dye come and go, tater tot come and thankfully go, and now I'm living the Tuberville years. I have seen good times, bad times, worse times, and now better times. And the only statement that comes to mind when I think of Auburn is:

It's great to be an Auburn Tiger.

WAR EAGLE Forever and always !!!!!!!!!!!!

AMEN Brother ! ! !

WAR :au: EAGLE ! ! !...O N E at a time. :au:

one thing wrong in your scenario:

if bama had the 11-0 record, instead of us, they may or may not get in the title game, but the fact would remain:

they'd still be bama, and we'd still be auburn, and that would never be a bad thing!

war eagle,baby!

ct

Who is this bama that you are speaking of?...OH, uat...Nevermind. :D

I say let's just enjoy the moment. If we don't get the Orange Bowl we still have a chance for an undefeated season, maybe even a better chance for an undefeated season. If the BCS shuts Auburn out and USC passes Oklahoma silly, and they will pass them silly with that porous secondary, then whose credibility suffers here? Certainly not the undefeated champion of the nation's toughest conference. Screw the BCS, just win the SEC and Sugar Bowl and let the chips fall where they may. :au:

Guys I wish I could say just let the chips fall as they may but I have watched Auburn get screwed out of the MNC two times already and it looks like I will get to watch the same fate this year.

My son was born on January 2, 1984 when Al Del Greco kicked three field goals to beat Michigan in the Sugar Bowl. Tom Osborne went for two with about 5 minutes to go against Miami and failed leaving them one point behind. Both teams went scoreless and Miami won because Osborne did not want to tie the game. Remember back then games could end in a tie even bowl games. The end result is Auburn stayed at #3, Nebraska moved to#2 and Miami jumped from #5 to #1.

everybody remembers 1993's team that finished #3 while on probation.

This year if Auburn wins out we will not jump anybody. My bet is if USC beats OU then the polls will be USC#1, OU#2 and AU#3. IF OU wins then its OU#1, USC#2 and AU#3. There is a bias against most teams not named USC, ND, OU, TX or Penn State.

May Roy Kramer rot in Heck for inventing the BCS

I'm sorry to see that there are so many people who can be so unhappy and upset when Auburn is set to play in the SECCG with an 11-0 record.

Quit crying. What happens, happens. We have no control over it. If sports politicians keep us out of the Orange Bowl and we still go undefeated, we will serve as a weapon for people to use to disarm college football of this dreaded BCS system. I know that's not nearly as nice as winning a national championship, but 30 years from now we can still look back and see "13-0" on the books.

It's always great to be an Auburn Tiger. We need to keep that in mind and quit crying like a bunch of whiney Bammer babies. I hated USC for their temper tantrum last year after all was said and done and I won't be a part of it this year after January 4th.

WDE and let's beat UT this weekend. :au:

word. it may not be as satisfying as we want, but i love these guys and i just wanna see them play ball. i don't care who it's against. let's go win the one ring they can't politic away from us, and let the chips fall after that. like coach whitt said we are/were the best team in the nation (in 1983, 93, and now). that makes us national champions, trophy or no if we finish this deal. others may not admit it, but they can't change it either.

let's just go to atlanta in droves, buy up all the tickets that ut fans are selling, and make this our guys last (unoffical) home game. war damn eagle!

Archived