Quarterfinal Round- Women vs #15 aTm

NoALtiger

43-26 at the half. Aggies have clearly been in total control of this one. Another half to go so anything can happen.

We must have missed 15 or 20 shots in a row in the second half and most of them weren't even close. Don't think I've ever seen a team go quite that cold.

Anyway, if we get a tournament bid or not, this team is improving and there is solid reason for optimism about next year.

Good thing nobody cares much about women's basketball or the place would be boiling about a 30+ point loss to another SEC team.

There seems to be a huge difference between the "haves" (UT, TAMU, USCe) and the "have-nots" of the SEC which is mostly everyone else. AU is among the best of the "have-nots" but seems there is a tall hill to climb to get competitive with the better SEC teams...much less on a national scale. The state of women's basketball in the SEC is only slightly better than the men.....4 teams in the top 25.

We will lose two good seniors but hopefully the underclasswomen do not decide to look elsewhere for playing time and move along...which has become common practice in men's basketball everywhere.

As Mikey noted, improvement is being made ....but there is a long way to go to get back to the Joe Ciampi days.

Texas A&M is only three years removed from the NCAA title and they are the defending SEC tournament champs. Anyone watching saw the difference in talent level and experience. I'm hoping it's not more than a year or two before we are right back in the mix for titles.

Good thing nobody cares much about women's basketball or the place would be boiling about a 30+ point loss to another SEC team.

There seems to be a huge difference between the "haves" (UT, TAMU, USCe) and the "have-nots" of the SEC which is mostly everyone else. AU is among the best of the "have-nots" but seems there is a tall hill to climb to get competitive with the better SEC teams...much less on a national scale. The state of women's basketball in the SEC is only slightly better than the men.....4 teams in the top 25.

We will lose two good seniors but hopefully the underclasswomen do not decide to look elsewhere for playing time and move along...which has become common practice in men's basketball everywhere.

As Mikey noted, improvement is being made ....but there is a long way to go to get back to the Joe Ciampi days.

Agreed there's a big difference between the elite and everyone else, but I think that's pretty common, look at football for example. I do think women's bb is far above the men's in the SEC though. 5 teams in the top 12 RPI rankings and 9 (including AU) in the top 70. The guys aren't even close to that this year. It's much more competitive.

WNIT bid is certainly possible. Charlie Creme has 8 SEC schools in his most recent bracket - just not us. (Teams that we beat are there - Georgia, Vandy - but they have better overall records than we do.) I'll be suprised if we don't get a WNIT bid.

Losing Tye to graduation is a HUGE loss - it will be interesting to see who steps up and makes the points and plays the defense that she has the past two years. I think that we will struggle next year as well - maybe not as much as we did this year but right now we still have no proven point guard to run the offense. The incoming freshman will have a chance to play - Coach Flo will play her best players.

Archived