Auburn's 2004 Schedule

Tigerwalkin

:au: I recieved this by email:

Good comments from Barney Siegel:

Here's who LSU played out of the conference LAST YEAR!!!

Louisiana - Monroe

Louisiana Tech

Western Illinois (1AA School)

Arizona

We played the first two plus The Citadel. This just shows how the media can manipulate the issues on any subject.

LSU played that schedule and beat Oklahoma and now the Sooner fans are saying we didn't play anybody this year. Well, they got beat by a team last year that didn't play anybody either!  At least according to them.

Oklahoma and Stoops didn't deserve to play in the champ. game last year and this year is no different. Defense wins championships and when OU gives up over 70 points in two weeks you can hardly call that defense. WDE!

Beat the fire out of UT :au:

yes, but record speaking they had teams that were a little better in the SEC then we did. For instance, they had a bowl elligable Arkansas and a 10 win Ole Miss on their schedule. Two things we don't have.

More of a joke is the OU vs. AU schedule this year. There schedule is bolstered by teams like Oregon and KState? Oregon was killed by Indiana who was destroyed by Kentucky . .KState lost to LaTech (one of our "weak" non-conference foes.

Hey keep us out of this ;)

Seriously of course I am an AU's side on this one and believe they are not only #2 but the #1 team in the nation

In LSU's defense, keep in mind in the last 3 years, BYU, Va Tech, Bowling Green and Houston have all cancelled home dates with LSU... Hence the 1AA school.

Va Tech is the worst those punks signed a home and home with us, we go up there (And lose) then its their turn to come to Death Valley this year and low and behold they cancel... I cannot say they chickend out because they played USC instead of US. But still left LSU in the lurch big time..

In short, Forget the non-conference schedule. Auburn played an SEC schedule. Enough said in my book.

we had 2 teams back out this year . .Bowling Green (for Oklahoma) and Georgia Tech (we had a neutral site game scheduled with them) . .ULM and Ciatdel were our replacements.

See there you go, Houston Cancelled so it could play OU...

Explains it doesn't it....

Bowling Green wants nothing to do with the SEC so it plays OU.. ;) Houston same thing.

Not that OU sucks but why is everyone backing out on SEC west teams to play USC and OU ???

I demand to know..

we had 2 teams back out this year . .Bowling Green (for Oklahoma) and Georgia Tech (we had a neutral site game scheduled with them) . .ULM and Ciatdel were our replacements.

128147[/snapback]

neutral site with Ga Tech? where was it supposed to be? Ga Dome?

Yes, but I'm still not sure why that game never happened...

The reason that was disregarded was because we play in the mighty SEC!! Why that isn't happening this year, I do not know. I guess we played UGA twice when they were in the top 5.

Yes, but I'm still not sure why that game never happened...

128152[/snapback]

It never happened because of the almighty $

Original plans called for a 3 game stint.

1. GT vs. AUB at the GA Dome

2. AUB at GT

3. GT at AUB

Georgia Tech was re-opening their stadium with expansions, etc. and wanted a marquee matchup to go along with the grand re-opening. Hence, the GA Dome game was flipped to the middle game. Then, AU officials wanted to maintain at least 7 home games a year, because big BUCKS flow in when we've got a home game. Therefore, the nuetral field idea was not desireable to either GA Tech or Auburn. So....

1. AUB at GT

2. off year

3. GT at AUB

I thought that the Ga. Dome was already booked for that weekend, so Ga. Tech said that we would just play again at Grant Field. Auburn said no way. I hope we KILL them next year in JOrdan-Hare

Archived