Baseball vs. Mississippi State - Game 2

Grier singles to right.,... Bases loaded with 2 outs. Shaffer at bat...

Shaffer chops it back to the pitcher.....FINAL. Auburn falls AGAIN...3-0. 18 innings for Auburn without a run.

Ground out to the pitcher....and that's the game. One thing about college baseball, some coaches over-work their pitchers...the MSU pitcher threw over 130 pitches tonight. I'm not a strong advocate of the 100 pitch philosophy but 130 sounds bad and no point in keeping the kid in that long.

Meanwhile, the second shut-out in a row...and for those who might not have listened on CSS....Joe Beckwith (former AU pitcher) was brutal in his description of the AU team all night long.

I'm just down trodden with this program. I go to the games, and I'll be there when the gates open up tomorrow and beyond, but it's a spirit killer no doubt. I really like CSG but this year has been a drag. At least the freshman have gotten a lot of PT. About all I can say about now.

Then I see the Braves playing just like these Tigers. Can football get here sooner? Lol

I don't want to sound disgruntled,but I don't believe a coach with as much experience as Galloway can coach this bad. I almost think Sonny might not be happy here and trying to get fired. Does anyone else feel like this. JMHO. WDE

I just don't think it is all the coach. He was not left with a lot when he came on board. He has had to teach this team plain fundamentals of baseball. Most games have been almost all freshmen playing which I think was a good idea. Play for the future! The seniors sure did not do much leading that I could see. We are standing behind Coach Galloway and give him a chance to recruit some players that really want to play for AUBURN and not themselves. It takes a team to win.....

I would agree except for the blunders in base running. This is just dumb coaching. I think Galloway is just playing JJ at this point. I hope his buy out is not too high and JJ doesn't wait. I am afraid this is Chizik/Barbee round 3. WDE

I just don't think it is all the coach. He was not left with a lot when he came on board. He has had to teach this team plain fundamentals of baseball. Most games have been almost all freshmen playing which I think was a good idea. Play for the future! The seniors sure did not do much leading that I could see. We are standing behind Coach Galloway and give him a chance to recruit some players that really want to play for AUBURN and not themselves. It takes a team to win.....

I don't think it's fair to say that the seniors are just playing for themselves. No one really knows what their motivations are. CSG obviously hasn't won them over, but then they didn't sign on with him so that could be the issue.

I would agree except for the blunders in base running. This is just dumb coaching. I think Galloway is just playing JJ at this point. I hope his buy out is not too high and JJ doesn't wait. I am afraid this is Chizik/Barbee round 3. WDE

I posted earlier that CSG makes me uneasy. For an experienced coach who has taken his team to the CWS....the base running decisions just make no sense.

He was a polarizing coach at OU and it seems to be continuing at Auburn. That's not what AU baseball needed.

I gave Pawloski three years of support when I knew better after one. This guy has a lot more reasons to have trouble in the win/loss columns than Pawloski did, so I'll give him three years of support too. FWIW I feel better about Golloway after one year than I did Pawloski.

Archived