Baseball vs. Mississippi State - Game 2

We need to get this win today. Keegan Thompson is pitching today for Auburn. ERA 1.74 Game is live on ESPN3 today.

Keegan Thompson is nailing it so far. 2 batters....6 pitches, 2 strikeouts. great start.

Tomscha with a 2 out single to left but he's left stranded. going to top 2...no score.

Game also on CSS....funny..Charter said they were dropping it on May 1...I called and complained about losing it and thus far they have not touched it....so got the game in beautiful HD tonight. Now we just need some runs.

Ryan Tella hit by a pitch with 2 out in the 2nd. Connor Short at bat. Short flies to right center. Inning over. no score going to 3rd.

I think css officially goes away in June. It should have never been part of the "SEC Network" in the first place.

MSU gets a 1 out single to center. run scores and other runner advances to third. 1 out. 1-0 MSU. Runners on 1st and 3rd.

fielders choice for Auburn....another run scores. 2 outs. 2-0 MSU runner on 1st.

MSU rips one down the right field line FAIR. runner scores from 1st. runner on 2nd. 3-0 MSU.

Three mishandled balls in this inning......allowed MSU to take additional bases and eventually score a couple of runs.

I think css officially goes away in June. It should have never been part of the "SEC Network" in the first place.

I think CSS has been affiliated with the SEC for quite a few years.....long before there was any thought about an SEC network.

They have done a good job of promoting SEC sports, showing replays, televising minor sports, etc. and I don't understand that comment since there is no indication that they were or plan to be part of the SEC network. JMO but they are getting pushed out by ESPN and the SEC Network so the conference can increase it's revenue.

Going to bottom of the 4th. 3-0 MSU. Auburn needs to wake the bats up and start scoring some runs.

Three mishandled balls in this inning......allowed MSU to take additional bases and eventually score a couple of runs.

I think CSS has been affiliated with the SEC for quite a few years.....long before there was any thought about an SEC network.

They have done a good job of promoting SEC sports, showing replays, televising minor sports, etc. and I don't understand that comment since there is no indication that they were or plan to be part of the SEC network. JMO but they are getting pushed out by ESPN and the SEC Network so the conference can increase it's revenue.

I think you are confusing the SEC NETWORK TV channel that launches in August to the SEC NETWORK (make up of multiple channles) that I am referring too. They have been a part of the MULTIPLE CHANNEL SEC Network (css, Old Jefferson pilot early games) and ESPN) for a while and they never should have been. My reason for saying they never should have been part of the network is simply based on their extremely limited households that the network actually reaches. Having a channel that is exclusive to certain cable companies (charter and comcast) is just a poor decision on the SEC's part to give them broadcasting rights. There's just way too many SEC cities that css isn't a part of. CSS NEEDS to be pushed out so people across the entire SEC footprint can't actually watch the games/events that are being broadcasted. I'm glad we are getting the SEC NETWORK in august and that css will be totally out of the picture.

War...I understand your view but there in no assurance that SEC Network will be everywhere either. I'm just saying that CSS did a fair job of representing the SEC when nobody else did it and JMO but blame your cable company if you were living in SEC country and did not have it. Until there is something better (August) it makes no sense to drop CSS. JMO.

Meanwhile....the TIgers look like crap (pardon me for saying so) and CSG seems to agree....already pulled a couple of guys who have made bad plays.

War...I understand your view but there in no assurance that SEC Network will be everywhere either. I'm just saying that CSS did a fair job of representing the SEC when nobody else did it and JMO but blame your cable company if you were living in SEC country and did not have it. Until there is something better (August) it makes no sense to drop CSS. JMO.

It's not about "Blaming the cable company". CSS is a joint venture between comcast and Charter. If you have ANY other cable or satellite provider you don't have access to that channel. That's my point. The vast majority of the SEC areas have a cable company that is NOT Charter or comcast. The part you are missing is CSS is going away (as I understand it) in JUNE. All LIVE collegiate sports are OVER by then until the fall. You aren't going to be missing anything for 2 months except replays. The SEC Network with their current carrier agreements already in place has a larger footprint than CSS. I can all but guarantee the SEC network will be available on more than 2 carriers.

Back to topic. Auburn with a runner on 1st after a hit batter. 2 outs in the inning.

Shaffer caught leaning towards 2nd and picked off. Inning over. 3-0 MSU going to top 6th.

Back to topic. Auburn with a runner on 1st after a hit batter. 2 outs in the inning.

Unfortunately the "topic" is just plain sad....runner picked off...could have been a balk but no matter, the inning is over and AU looks totally uninterested in this game.

Auburn with a double to lead off the 6th, but now 2 are out and he's still at 2nd..

going to bottom 9th. Auburn needs 3 to keep it going and 4 to win it. Come on TIGERS!!!!

Tomscha hit by a pitch with 1 out in the inning. Blake Austin coming to bat.

2 out infield single . Runners on 1st and 2nd...2 outs.. Anfernee Grier coming to bat.

Archived