Greetings from a Tech fan!

BigDave (VT)

war eagle big dave. hope you stick around to talk football with us, but you're not going to get much attention right now. we're still more than a little bitter that we didn't get a shot at what we earned. but yeah, once i get over that i'll be pumped for the sugar bowl.

Welcome...

I hope you stick around. As long as you take your shoes off before you come in our house, we are a pretty level-headed bunch to talk to.

Please forgive the next week. I'm sure there will be "Bull***Championship Series" threads started here from now until kingdom come, but aside from that VaTech will be getting all of our attention.

Hokie Hokie Hokie Hi!!!!!

We're the boys from API!!!!! (Alabama Polytechnic Institute-Auburn's original name.)

Good to have you here! I hope once we deal with this BCS snubbing (putting it nicely) you'll get to see what a great group of people we have on this board.

Also, I had a English professor my freshman year at Auburn who was a Va. Tech grad. She loved to point out that UVa's most heralded alum, Thomas Jefferson, ran a brothel while he was a student.

Yeah ... y'all belong in the MNC.

The PAC-10 is an incredibly weak conference. USC basically had a one-team schedule this year - Cal. When they got VT at the beginning of the year, Imoh was suspended and Humes was recovering from a broken leg and nothing close to 100%. We were a rag tag team that night and nothing like we are now. Tech would win easily against USC if we played today.

As for Oklahoma ... they could replace the Big 12 North with the Sun Belt Conference and nobody would know the difference. Texas ... ok ... that's a quality win ... but did they beat anyone else all year? Bowling Green?

The best solution for this year would be a four-team "mini-playoff". Put Auburn vs OU in the Orange and USC vs Utah in the Fiesta ... then have the two winners play each other. In an n-team playoff, the n+1st team will always say they were left out, but a four-team mini-playoff is better than the current system.

Good to have you here!  I hope once we deal with this BCS snubbing (putting it nicely) you'll get to see what a great group of people we have on this board.

Also, I had a English professor my freshman year at Auburn who was a Va. Tech grad.  She loved to point out that UVa's most heralded alum, Thomas Jefferson, ran a brothel while he was a student.

129549[/snapback]

As much as I love to make fun of UVA, that's incorrect. Thomas Jefferson (whom the Hoos reverently call "Mr. Jefferson") founded UVA. He wasn't an alum. He attended William & Mary (who, incidentally, will be playing James Madison in the 1AA playoffs this week).

As for Oklahoma ... they could replace the Big 12 North with the Sun Belt Conference and nobody would know the difference.

LMAO..that is PERFECT!!!

As for Oklahoma ... they could replace the Big 12 North with the Sun Belt Conference and nobody would know the difference.

LMAO..that is PERFECT!!!

129558[/snapback]

Troy State 24 - Missouri 14

I rest my case :big:

Good to have you here!  I hope once we deal with this BCS snubbing (putting it nicely) you'll get to see what a great group of people we have on this board.

Also, I had a English professor my freshman year at Auburn who was a Va. Tech grad.  She loved to point out that UVa's most heralded alum, Thomas Jefferson, ran a brothel while he was a student.

129549[/snapback]

As much as I love to make fun of UVA, that's incorrect. Thomas Jefferson (whom the Hoos reverently call "Mr. Jefferson") founded UVA. He wasn't an alum. He attended William & Mary (who, incidentally, will be playing James Madison in the 1AA playoffs this week).

129557[/snapback]

I was thinking after I posted something didn't sound right based on the age of UVa. Maybe she pointed out that he ran a brothel on campus and was the founder.

The Hokies are for real, they are going to be tougher to beat than USC in my opinion...I saw the whole game at the beginning of the year and if wasn't for that PI call VT would have won...and the calll was totally wrong...one fo the worst calls I've seen. VT has a real defense and it is going to be really tough for Auburn to beat them...basically jason campell is goign to have to have to make pinpoint passes again in order for us to win...because the run defense of VT is very tough...all that said...i think auburn will find a way to win....we really need tennessee to go out and beat the A&M and we need all the other SEC teams to win in order to get a split NC...if the SEC were to go undefeated in the bowls it would certainly be the talk of the various commentators and it would show how bad we got screwed.

Welcome to the board BigDave! Looking forward to the Sugar Bowl!

I worked with a guy a few years ago that graduated from Tech. Several of us went to watch the VT v. UAB game here in Birmingham a few years ago. 1998 I believe. Tech destroyed the Blazers. The fans were pretty wild! :D

Good to have you here! Post often!

WAR EAGLE!

Welcome Dave!!! I am soooo looking forward to the Sugar Bowl. I think it will be a great game. Looking forward to meeting some Hokies and celebrating New Years Eve on Bourbon Street.

Archived