Okay, here's a semi-funny personal story

Jenny AU-92

I got to spend the vast majority of my day yesterday in the oh-so-lovely ER of Willowbrook Hospital after awaking in the middle of the night with extremely severe pain in my right side. But I wasn't bleeding, so I waiting until the morning to call my doctor who sent me to the closest ER for an evaluation to make sure I was not miscarrying. To cut to the chase, I was not miscarying and all is well. The ER doc did all kinds of consults and then finally laughed and said that since I had no other symptoms, he was going to have to chalk this up to PDP - Pain During Pregnancy, which is a catchall for "We have no clue but it obviously is not life threatening so go home".

But here is the funny part - I know for a fact now, even without confirmation of the child's gender, that this is DEFINITELY my corndog's husband's son. They did an ultrasound, of course, and my first good shot of my child showed "him" reclining against the placenta, his arms crossed behind his head, with his left leg crossed over the right one at the knee, totally kicked back and enjoying life!!! I cracked up. My husband is in Canada this week, and when I told him about this, he asked if the baby was holding a beer and the remote!!!!! :D

The hospital would not give me the ultrasound picture for "liability reasons" - I would comment on that, but I DID promise no political undertones on this thread!!! :D I was kind of bummed, but oh well. Actually, you could really only see bones and stuff, so the face was kind of oogey looking, and not very photogenic. Very alien baby. Good thing I was prepared for that. It kind of freaked my sister in law out.

If this is a boy, and I just have that mommy gut feeling (no pun intended) about it, then right now his name would be Jacob Douglas Roemershauser. (yes, I married that last name - I love my hubby, what can I say!) Douglas is my maiden name and I think "Jake" is a great football name!! The name HAS to be very short with a last name like our's - the poor kid would never get out of first grade if he had to spell out some huge name. But I am exactly four months along today, so there is still plenty of time left for Jacob to change to something else - the Douglas part is firm.

And no, Roemershauser is not a coonass name, but my husband is a coonass in all other respects, so he is still my little coonass corndog, no matter what.

Thanks for the happy thoughts, guys. Means a lot.

Ok.........I was thinking Roemershauser was a breed not a name ;)

Just kidding.......glad you are fine and the baby too. I am on the third go round of pregnancy pains at this time. It is almost becoming old hat for my wife and me :blink:

Take care of yourself and that baby.........you will find out that it is what life is all about :)

Also, if you need advice on boys, I am going to have a third one about a week before Thanksgiving.

Bless her little heart - late term pregnancy on top of three other male "children" at home (haha). Wish you guys all the best. We want pictures when it happens!!

And yes, I have heard the "Weimeraner" joke before. However, I will say that having that for a last name puts a hurting on telemarketers. I swear they avoid calling just because they can't say our name. I have actually listened for a minute to the one or two that have actually gotten it right - that is, before I hung up on them. :lol:

The hospital would not give me the ultrasound picture for "liability reasons" -

thats kindas odd. my sister in law has tons of ultrasound pictures. she is 15 weeks, i guess it helps that she is an ultrsound technician and she takes and ultrasound of herself like every day lmao....she thinks its a girl and my brpther is pissed. he said he wasnt ready to go to jail this early in his lifetime cause he would end up killing a boy if he touched her lol

I had a friend in P'cola and a friend in Tally both have had babies in the past year and a half and they both recieved ultrasound pitures. What exactly could the hospital be liable for?

Bless her little heart - late term pregnancy on top of three other male "children" at home (haha). Wish you guys all the best. We want pictures when it happens!!

And yes, I have heard the "Weimeraner" joke before. However, I will say that having that for a last name puts a hurting on telemarketers. I swear they avoid calling just because they can't say our name. I have actually listened for a minute to the one or two that have actually gotten it right - that is, before I hung up on them. :lol:

my wife says she is soon to be the single mother of 4 :lol:

I will send pictures when the day arrives.

My sister is a nurse and her hubby is an angiographer (?sp?) at a hospital in Montgomery, and he is buddies with all the folks in the ultrasound and xray depts , so my sister got free ultrasounds pretty much whenever she felt like it too.

I thought it was odd - I have pictures from all my other ultrasounds but those were made in my doctor's office - guess he figures he can't be any more liable than he already is, haha. I agree with stoic that it is probably a hospital/ER policy thing. But like I said - it was kind of "alien baby X-ray" looking - not exactly sweet and precious - more like something from a Ridley Scott movie!! My brother in law said the little baby shaped lump in the 12 week ultrasound looked like a kitten. Gee, thanks!! All that matters to me right now is that the little heartrate is chugging right along (143 bpm) and everything is as it should be. I would still love an alien baby if it was mine, but I have lots of faith that God will have all the pieces-parts in the right place, looking like they are supposed to look, come March 18th!!!

I have another ultrasound scheduled for the first week in November and then we will hopefully know for sure if it is a Jacob or a Katie. And I know I will have pictures from that one suitable for "doctoring in photoshop". (insert :au: grin here)

The hospital would not give me the ultrasound picture for "liability reasons" - I would comment on that, but I DID promise no political undertones on this thread!!! :D I was kind of bummed, but oh well. Actually, you could really only see bones and stuff, so the face was kind of oogey looking, and not very photogenic. Very alien baby. Good thing I was prepared for that. It kind of freaked my sister in law out.

If this is a boy, and I just have that mommy gut feeling (no pun intended) about it, then right now his name would be Jacob Douglas Roemershauser. (yes, I married that last name - I love my hubby, what can I say!) Douglas is my maiden name and I think "Jake" is a great football name!! The name HAS to be very short with a last name like our's - the poor kid would never get out of first grade if he had to spell out some huge name. But I am exactly four months along today, so there is still plenty of time left for Jacob to change to something else - the Douglas part is firm.

And no, Roemershauser is not a coonass name, but my husband is a coonass in all other respects, so he is still my little coonass corndog, no matter what.

Thanks for the happy thoughts, guys. Means a lot.

Jenny, Thats a great story. Glad everything is ok with you and the baby. Great choice of names.... Jake is the name of my GERMAN SHEPHERD... :lol::lol::lol::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

My sister is a nurse and her hubby is an angiographer (?sp?) at a hospital in Montgomery, and he is buddies with all the folks in the ultrasound and xray depts

What's his name? I might know him. Congrats on the abdominal pain that's just a baby pain!!! We found out a few weeks ago we're having another boy! We're gonna check out the 4D ultrasound scanner in a few weeks. I'm sure Houston has a ton of them.

Guys, thanks for all the good wishes - I was glad 'twern't nuttin too. It sounds like the folks on this board are doing their best to populate the world with lots and lots of Auburn Tigers - how cool is that!!!

TigerAl, my b-i-l is Kel Nyberg. He works at Baptist (I think it's over by AUM?) My sister Brooke is in the NICU there too. Just please don't try to convert them over to the dark side ;) .

And my hubby was in Edmonton - he called last night and said it was below freezing and he was loving every minute of it. He'll be home tonight, thank goodness. he has been gone every single weeknight this month - I told him I felt like I was getting weekend custody visits. :D We can pay $80 and get a 4D ultrasound at a local hospital - my OB doesn't have one, as he says it is mostly for the parents and is not a good diagnostic tool, which doesn't make sense to me, but the man is the head of the OB dept at this huge hospital downtown, so I guess he probably knows what he is talking about. ;) Let me know what you guys think about the experience - if it is worth it, etc.

We are off to New Orleans for the weekend - staying down in the Quarter and playing tourist for once. Usually we stay with his mom in Metairie, but this time, the hotel room at the Monteleone was free, so we are going to do stuff we otherwise never get to do. It will be nice to have some alone time after all his traveling this month. Too bad I won't be able to truly enjoy Bourbon - but I WILL get my Krystal burgers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Jenny, glad to hear you are doing well.

And, congratulations to everyone on all the new little "Tigers" that are on the way!

Each day is an adventure or so it is with our Ethan.

;)

Jenny, I know Kel a little bit. I've never worked with him but have talked to him some. It's funny that you should say that about the 'dark side' because I just saw Kel and Brooke at the last Howard Dean Meetup!!! They really like to get involved. I wouldn't think the 4D aspect of the us would yield but diagnostic info, but I think it's just an additional 'bell' to go along with all of the usual diagnostic capabilities. The pictures I've seen with the 4D are phenominal! See ya!!!

BTW, I was kidding about the meetup!

No disclaimer needed about the "meet-up" - my sister is absolutely one of the best NICU nurses in the world, but she is an absolute dingbat about current events and politics. She usually just calls me and asks who she needs to vote for!! Of course I am VERY objective and give her a rundown on the pros and cons of all candidates and issues... ;) And I am pretty sure Kel is the same way - if they were at a Howard Dean rally, then there was either free beer or a bunch of free kids activities for my 2 year old niece!!!

Kel is a good guy - very funny. They are also HUGE Auburn fans, and that alone makes them worth knowing!!! They went with me and my corndog to the AU-LSU game last year and we all had a blast in the rain - or, I guess I should say that THREE of us did anyway... :P

Archived