Antediluvian/Pre-flood Civilizations Discussion

Weegle777

There was gradual flooding of sea coasts at the end of the last age that some humans may have observed.

What they would have been aware of (if they survived) was the flooding of the Black sea. When the Mediterranean sea level rose if could have pushed through and flowed into the black sea which was much smaller then. Camps and remains of houses have been found below the Black sea.

Huge freshwater lakes formed by glacier ice dams during the ice age also were released and flooded areas down stream where humans may have lived.

All these events could have lead to great flood stories that would seem similar among cultures separated by thousands of miles.

This ignore feature is GREAT! :yes:

Was it something I said ? :gofig:

All these events could have lead to great flood stories that would seem similar among cultures separated by thousands of miles

Makes sense to me.

This ignore feature is GREAT! :yes:/>

Was it something I said ? :gofig:/>

All these events could have lead to great flood stories that would seem similar among cultures separated by thousands of miles

Makes sense to me.

I'm not ignoring you brother.

Lotta speculating goin on from the linked page.

I note right away how the writer incorrectly says ' fossil' record, and not 'geologic' record.

While I do believe there's much about man's past we don't know, and yes, lost knowledge of an advanced sort, I don't buy into the whole 'flood' story.

Yep, I find ancient cultures interesting, and I love discussing these topics with open minded people that can talk about it instead of acting like a two year old child like one person in this forum loves to do. He loves to tout his academic achievements but then acts like a kid.

Coolio.

I've not followed the thread too closely, so I may have missed the aforementioned ignored poster, having them on ignore already.

Lotta speculating goin on from the linked page.

I note right away how the writer incorrectly says ' fossil' record, and not 'geologic' record.

While I do believe there's much about man's past we don't know, and yes, lost knowledge of an advanced sort, I don't buy into the whole 'flood' story.

Yep, I find ancient cultures interesting, and I love discussing these topics with open minded people that can talk about it instead of acting like a two year old child like one person in this forum loves to do. He loves to tout his academic achievements but then acts like a kid.

Well, since even most kids understand dinosaurs and man are separated by many millions of years, I suppose that's not too far wrong. ;)

And really, Von Danikin is sooo 70's. ;D

And please don't confuse humor with contempt. I still love you man.

This isn't a bible vs. science thread, rather, it is a thread to discuss whether ancient technology from cultures lost were light years ahead of where we are now.

Under those conditions, i.e., that this isn't intended as a "Bible vs. science" debate, I'll venture an opinion (eventually...I'm too busy with actual work to organize my thoughts right now). Until I have time to form a cogent response, however, I'll offer this link as a counter argument to your original link:

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/

(Note that it's not necessary to watch the entire 3+ hour video at once. Midway down their homepage one can click on shorter segments related to specific topics, such as "Egyptian lights bulbs", the tomb of Pacal, Vimana's, Annunaki, Nephilim, etc.)

I agree: Interesting. I enjoyed reading the article. However, as for authenticity, I quote from a secondary link found at the end of your article:

http://www.genesispa...-found-in-coal/

Over the next couple of days the boy extracted a small bell from the coal, first by whacking it with a croquet mallet and then by cleaning it with lye and a scrub brush. Unfortunately he scoured all the coal off the intriguing artifact! But his parents and others witnessed the bell that he brought up from the basement and it became an object of conversation, residing on an old secretary desk shelf.
I read this to imply that the boy is the ONLY witness claiming to have actually seen the bell in situ in the coal. ...or possible, the boy found the bell somewhere else and made up the story of finding it in a lump of coal. (I'm not accusing him of theft--I have no evidence to support such an accusation. But a story of "I found it in a lump of coal" would certainly be a lot less incriminating for a 10-year-old than telling his parents he acquired it by more nefarious means.)
Morris analyzed the artifact in the lab at the University of Oklahoma. He subsequently wrote (Morris, 2010), “Nuclear Activation Analysis determined it to be primarily of bronze with a curious admixture of zinc. A micro probe showed no residual traces of coal.”
I find it hard to believe a mere scrubbing with lye would remove ALL microscopic traces of coal. If the boy was that great of a polisher, I have some brass and silver at my house that could use some work. I also find it unusual that there is apparently no mention of seeing any microscopic corrosive pitting, such as one would expect on any metal exposed to the corrosive actions of lye.
The fact that the bell’s metallurgical fingerprint is odd should not be surprising if, indeed, the bell is from pre-Flood times. It would not necessarily be expected to match any mix of known, post-Flood metal workings
Of course, the fact that the bell's metallurgical fingerprint is odd would also not be surprising if it came from any metallurgist or artist experimenting with new alloys. At best, all this says is the bell is not inconsistent with a flood. The existence of the brass candlestick on my mantel which I bought at a store is also not inconsistent with a deluvian flood. There is not, in fact, (beyond the boy's claim of being entombed in coal) any evidence that the bell is even ancient: It could have been made by an artist or jeweler on the very day the boy was born.

Nor can one take the alleged Indian/Babylonian motif of the bell to mean anything. I hold in my hand as I type (one handed) a small plastic or resin figurine of King Tut, but I'm pretty sure no one in the factory cranking out museum souvenirs actually worships Amun-Ra or has made arrangements for his/her mummification. I also don't take the Egyptian motifs enshrined in the Chrysler Building to imply any ancient Egyptians were involved in its design or construction.

And yes, the boy (Newton Anderson) passed a polygraph test in 2007 as a 60-yr-old adult. But every day we learn more and more about the inconsistencies of polygraph testing. (http://www.cvsa1.com/polygraphfailures.htm)

Archived