Hot Weather at JHS for Arky Game

cptau

It was muggy, but does anyone remember the 2011 Miss St game? Second week of the season, 11 am kickoff. Worst game in terms of heat that I've ever been to. As others have said, it's always going to be hot in Alabama during August and early September. There's not that much else that Auburn can do to help people that they aren't already doing.

i was at that game. back in the 90's we played ole miss on the jp game. 11am kick, not a cloud in the sky and brutally hot and humid. the upper west concourse looked like a MASH unit that day. people sitting around w/ that 1000 yd stare. the medics were overwhelmed. i was there sat too but that ole miss game is the hottest most miserable game i have ever been to

people need to start drinking water the night before a daytime game in aug/sep to get properly hydrated. and if you stand, DO NOT LOCK YOUR KNEES. that will make you pass out quicker than the heat. the bad thing is the schools no longer, and havent had for a long time, have control over kick off times unless the game isnt on tv. now w/ the SEC channel all games will be on tv. the networks tell the schools what time the games will be. i think there should be a constitutional ammendment that there can never be a day game in the SEC in august or september no matter what tv says. but they write the big checks and the only say we have is go or no go.

people need to start drinking water the night before a daytime game in aug/sep to get properly hydrated. and if you stand, DO NOT LOCK YOUR KNEES. that will make you pass out quicker than the heat. the bad thing is the schools no longer, and havent had for a long time, have control over kick off times unless the game isnt on tv. now w/ the SEC channel all games will be on tv. the networks tell the schools what time the games will be. i think there should be a constitutional ammendment that there can never be a day game in the SEC in august or september no matter what tv says. but they write the big checks and the only say we have is go or no go.

Does 12 Jack and Cokes the night before a game count as being properly hydrated?

Does 12 Jack and Cokes the night before a game count as being properly hydrated?

Well if it doesn't, it at least makes for a fun night.

ahhh....no

Archived