Blade Trinity?

AuNuma1

Come on people. What are they thinking? Wesley Snipes plays this role VERY well but what's with the 7th Heaven sidekick?? I just can't believe the Blade movies followed the same path as the Batman movies among others. The first Blade, like the first Batman, were seriously entertaining but after the sequels in each? Forget about it.

Of course, I haven't seen the third Blade and "don't knock it till you seen it"...yeah yeah. But good God the trailer looks laughable.

typical hollywood.. they find something that makes a profit and keep going back to it until it doesn't make money regardless of how horrible the product is. i thought the first blade was a cool movie, and saw the 2nd one and thought it was really bad. same thing happened with the scream movies. sequels are rarely if ever better than the original. rocky 3 and 4 are the only ones that come to mind right now.

Its very difficult to make a sequel as good or better than the original. Lord of the Rings did it and Star Wars Empire did it. I liked the first Blade and even bought it on DVD. I probably wont even rent part 3.

Its very difficult to make a sequel as good or better than the original. Lord of the Rings did it and Star Wars Empire did it. I liked the first Blade and even bought it on DVD. I probably wont even rent part 3.

130582[/snapback]

Correction. Lord of the Rings cannot really be put under this catagory. As originally written, Tolkien considered all of Lord of the Rings one book. The publisher decided to split the book into a trilogy, but Tolkien was strong against it. And, if you read the books you'll notice that the trilogy is actually split into seven smaller books, or sections, itself.

The big reason sequels usually suck is that they were never emant to be written and were only done so to make money off of the namepower of the original.

The second blade movie was excellent and could hardly compare to the decline of the batman series. The reason sequels dont have as much impact is because the movie makers have to overcome the novelty of originality of the first picture. But Blade 2 did that very well IMO.

And Jessica Biel is a decent actress. Just because she was on 7th heaven doesnt mean she has to be cornered into ONLY similar roles in similar settings. Im sure everyone laughed and said Jim Carrey couldn't do anything besides goofy comedy, but the Truman Show was an excellent picture as well.

Dont knock it until you try it! :)

Im going to see it this weekend...cant wait!

• 2 weeks later...

I saw it. It was good. Not great. It looks like the people who produced it were not the same as did the first 2. So there was a little bit of a disconnect from the other two as far as overall 'feel' is concerned. The addition of Ryan Renolds and Jessica Biel were a good call. But there were some other casting moves that were not good at all.

The last third of the movie kicks major ass. But the pacing in the first 2/3 is somewhat lacking.

Archived