So I go to pick up the Lindys AU edition

Texan4Auburn

and right next to it is Sports Illustrated, and on the cover is a picture of some guy wearing number 24 in a Auburn uniform named Cornell Williams.

Sorry if this has been posted, but how the heck does a major magazine (even lame ole SI), get the names on the cover wrong?

and right next to it is Sports Illustrated, and on the cover is a picture of some guy wearing number 24 in a Auburn uniform named Cornell Williams.

Sorry if this has been posted, but how the heck does a major magazine (even lame ole SI), get the names on the cover wrong?

132851[/snapback]

Are you sure because this weeks SI has Peyton Manning on it and last weeks had the UCLA - Southern Cal game on it???

Yeah that was last week's. Carnell was on the cover flap like Ronnie was a little while back but I don't remember the name being misspelled. I don't guess you could pull up a picture of the cover flap online to check...

It's this issue, but I can't find a pic of the flap though. I bet the flaps are regional. I guess, in that case, they think we can't spell anyway. ;)

23_1_b.JPG

132851[/snapback]

Oh you youngsters...we old timers have to tell you eveything! Here's the deal! The media has never gotten over the fact that Pat Sullivan beat out Ed Marinaro of CORNELL University for the Heisman...it's as simple as that. This is either a freudian slip, or their subtle way of getting back at us Aubies!!!

:au::homer:

It was the one Numa has up, and it was on the flap. Guess they didn't have the new one out or something, it was 1am in Winn Dixie and it was right next to the Lindys.

Archived