Auburn vs Radford Game 1

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per baseball draft report, Radford JR LHP Michael Boyle is the 6th best draft prospect in the Big South. 3 pitches, with a fastball that sits between 87-89 and a changeup as his out pitch.

He's really working the corners well today on AU hitters, and as Jared said, they appear to be guessing when behind in the count.

Really would like to see the Tigers plate a few runs this inning. Trey's thrown more than well enough to get the W and definitely doesn't deserve to be on the hook for the L.

9-1-2 hitters for the Tigers

Needed that short inning. Wouldn't expect his back out there for the 7th. Good start for Trey 2 runs on 5 hits. I believe one is unearned but I've never figured out how to know what an earned vs unearned. In my mind they are all earned. Just because a guy is on due to an error doesn't mean it's OK to give up a hit or walk so that guy scores.... But I digress.

Needed that short inning. Wouldn't expect his back out there for the 7th. Good start for Trey 2 runs on 5 hits. I believe one is unearned but I've never figured out how to know what an earned vs unearned. In my mind they are all earned. Just because a guy is on due to an error doesn't mean it's OK to give up a hit or walk so that guy scores.... But I digress.

If his line ends now, it'll be 1 earned. If ever there was a need for an unearned run, it would definitely be when a catcher botches your strikeout.

Polston works the count full and draws a leadoff walk. Let's go Tigers!

Archived