Auburn vs Xavier - game 2

WDE!

Justin Camp gets the win. Hope he can bottle up his consistency today and bring it to league play. Nice 3.1 innings by him

I don't think we'll be able to ride Camp that hard all season. I hope we find him some help in the pen and we don't have to wear him out.

Yea. 57 pitches a bit stout for him. As for the help in the pen, that's still up in the air it appears. The loser of the McCord/Lipscomb Sunday starter role could provide some needed stability.

Glad to get the W.....the infield high hopper will look just fine in the box score. At least the guy put it in play and put the pressure on X. Let some opportunities get away late in the game....but it all ended well.

I don't think we'll be able to ride Camp that hard all season. I hope we find him some help in the pen and we don't have to wear him out.

well that was more a lack of hitting than need for more arms. Camp was doing good so let him roll. Xavier won't have many fresh arms tomorrow (according to gross) Blayne this was to let someone else close it out tomorrow.

well that was more a lack of hitting than need for more arms. Camp was doing good so let him roll. Xavier won't have many fresh arms tomorrow (according to gross) Blayne this was to let someone else close it out tomorrow.

That's a Saturday non-conference game against Xavier. And we had to ride our closer hard to get that win.

You are absolutely correct that the bats went silent late. But, we should not have such a lack of faith to make a change such as to pile that many pitches on Camp. I am convinced the offense went cold because of the length of the seventh inning.

I am not complaining about a win. I think these kinds of wins are really good for developing mental toughness. Camp was very mentally tough yesterday.

Archived