Baseball vs. Texas A&M - game thread (game 2)

We looked lifeless out there. Not just in our performance, but or mannerisms.

I said that same thing earlier. AU looks like a team that is not inspired to play well. They don't act like they enjoy it and they seem robotic.

I've been watching the LSU vs Ole Miss game and the difference is very noticeable. Both teams are having fun and giving it all they've got.

Was it just because we were getting throttled? Or is it an internal issue?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We looked lifeless out there. Not just in our performance, but or mannerisms.

I said that same thing earlier. AU looks like a team that is not inspired to play well. They don't act like they enjoy it and they seem robotic.

I've been watching the LSU vs Ole Miss game and the difference is very noticeable. Both teams are having fun and giving it all they've got.

Was it just because we were getting throttled? Or is it an internal issue?

It's no fun to get shellacked. That probably makes it much less fun. No mentions of internal issues leaked this year like there were last year so I'm more apt to say it's just normal loss fatigue that occurs during these inevitable streaks in a long season. I'm still optimistic for this season...I think...

Once we get past the starters, the pitching is a real problem IMO....the reason KT stayed in so long on Friday night....nobody in the pen who was better than even a tired K Thompson to bring in.

I'm just going to watch, wait and see. Golloway said in the post game that they are still trying to figure out who the best guys are to have in the lineup before they stick with it. I'd suggest that they do that soon. I know he has a lot of new faces but we need to settle in with a starting lineup and go with it before too long. Outside of that, we are just out gunned against some teams. He might want to get with Coach Pearl soon. ;)

Curious to thoughts on coach's handling of pitching staff? Decision's on basepaths? approaches at the plate......fielding ect.....Curious why Keegan already has 30 innings pitched and we just 2 games into conference play?

All of these comments have at least some merit, some more than others, however, we might all take a deep breath. A lot of angst still remains in the Auburn community regarding our coach. None of those concerns are being shared by this team and/or the parents. It might do us all well to accept one very important fact, ATM is the only remaining undefeated team in Division 1 for a reason and playing in their house is a well documented difficulty. If all of the aforementioned difficulties listed by each of you are still present 2 to 3 weeks from now, then we may need to be more concerned. I don't disagree with some of the comments, just think it's a tad early to go off the deep end like some are prone to do. WDE

:wareagle:

ah...nightranger is back...was beginning to be afraid we would not get the negative viewpoint on the season ...

I don't think anyone has given up yet.... on the team or the season. Discussing some issues is not an indication that posters are done. Hopefully the team chemistry will get fixed and those kids will look more comfortable as we move forward.

I would never give up on an AU team anyway.

Archived